WineBoard
My Lake Place - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: My Lake Place (/thread-22939.html)

My Lake Place - Jackie - 06-06-2014

[attachment=31]Just spent two wonderful weeks at my lake place in Northern California. What a glorious place. It's right on the water, and like having your own private lake. It's just north of the Napa/Lake County line, near Middletown, in a gated community called Hidden Valley Lake.

For all my friends who are visiting wine country this summer, let me know when you are coming and we try to get together... for some wine tasting, a barbecue, some kayaking or even a place to stay.

It's about an hour from St. Helena and Calistoga -- in that neighborhood. Lots of very good wineries, of course.

I'll try to upload a photo or two so you can see why I love it.

Jackie

RE: My Lake Place - Jackie - 06-06-2014

[attachment=34]
A couple more photos....

WW, Engineer, Innkeeper and all my old friends,so, when are you coming to visit??

[attachment=33]

My friend, Susanne, visiting from Australia and having a great time "swimming".

Opps! I meant to post this in the Talk to Your Moderators forum. Oh well.

J.

RE: My Lake Place - Janet Willson - 06-08-2014

Your lake is Really so nice. It looks amazing. I want to visit here. Smile

RE: My Lake Place - winoweenie - 06-09-2014

Jackie love for gooney gracious sakes invite Janet to coma spend a week or 13 with you. Just make a caveat that 1st she must make a wine post!WW Cool

RE: My Lake Place - Jackie - 06-09-2014

[quote='winoweenie' pid='106267' dateline='1402341000']
Jackie love for gooney gracious sakes invite Janet to coma spend a week or 13 with you. Just make a caveat that 1st she must make a wine post!WW Cool
[/quote]

Hey, Janet!!! Let's talk about wine.... What is your favorite? Tell us about your interest in wine. Where are you writing from??

Jackie

RE: My Lake Place - Jackie - 06-09-2014

[quote='winoweenie' pid='106267' dateline='1402341000']
[/quote]

Well, WW, what about you coming up for a visit??

Jackie

RE: My Lake Place - Janet Willson - 06-09-2014

My favorite wine is Beringer Vineyards. Maybe I also interest of wine forum. Rolleyes

RE: My Lake Place - winoweenie - 06-10-2014

Sounds like a solid bottle of White Zin a week from Janet. WW (Jackie love, I mite just take you up on this later this summer )

RE: My Lake Place - Jackie - 06-12-2014

[quote='winoweenie' pid='106279' dateline='1402443005']
(Jackie love, I mite just take you up on this later this summer )
[/quote]

I would LOVE it!

J.

RE: My Lake Place - tsrubs - 09-08-2014

Your home is as warm and welcoming as you are my dear friend!
Love you Jackie

RE: My Lake Place - Jackie - 09-12-2014

[quote='tsrubs' pid='106484' dateline='1410234341']
Your home is as warm and welcoming as you are my dear friend!
Love you Jackie
[/quote]

Wow! Who are you?

RE: My Lake Place - winoweenie - 09-13-2014

My yery-own-thoughts eg-zactly! WW (Thot it was an old board member that you knew)

RE: My Lake Place - TheEngineer - 10-15-2014

Jackie,

Looks like a really great place! I for one have got to apologize to youse guys for not being here.

Just went through a very crazy period of my life where I changed something that had been defining my life for a very long and I needed a break from everything that I knew. Not to say that I'm not busy now, but I think I'm in a much better place to be busy, at least for the near to mid term future. Who really knows after that.

I will try to reinsert myself once every so often as my palate has also undergone a remake but we'll see where that ends up.

WW, thanks for keeping me in the loop during all these times. Not done changing yet but well on the road (one thing that has not improved is my typing skills I figured I learned that from WW...so there is no hope in improving that...).