WineBoard
Life is like a box of chocolates - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Life is like a box of chocolates (/thread-22905.html)

Life is like a box of chocolates - Drew - 04-17-2014

Went to my Cardiologist Tuesday for a routine procedure, treadmill, just for a "let's see how you're doing for 62". Took them 12 minutes to run me to 140 bpm (I run regularly and stay in shape). After 3 cardiologists, all from Johns Hopkins Hospital, looked at the results I found myself admitted to Hopkins the next day for a cardiac catheter which showed 3 blockages in the same right artery, one was 99% closed. I'm now the proud owner of 3 stents and feeling good, returned home today. I post this because I never had any symptoms. I ran with Eileen last Sunday 3 miles, Monday 2 miles with no negative physical feelings. So for all youse guys, please make sure you don't skip scheduling your routine appointments because as Forrest Gump sez "You never know what you're gonna get".

Drew

RE: Life is like a box of chocolates - Jackie - 04-17-2014

Wow, Drew! Good for you. You are right about check-ups like this. I am long overdue and take this to heart (literally).

Thanks for the important reminder.

Jackie

RE: Life is like a box of chocolates - Winefinder - 04-17-2014

[quote='Drew' pid='106085' dateline='1397767422']
Went to my Cardiologist Tuesday for a routine procedure, treadmill, just for a "let's see how you're doing for 62". Took them 12 minutes to run me to 140 bpm (I run regularly and stay in shape). After 3 cardiologists, all from Johns Hopkins Hospital, looked at the results I found myself admitted to Hopkins the next day for a cardiac catheter which showed 3 blockages in the same right artery, one was 99% closed. I'm now the proud owner of 3 stents and feeling good, returned home today. I post this because I never had any symptoms. I ran with Eileen last Sunday 3 miles, Monday 2 miles with no negative physical feelings. So for all youse guys, please make sure you don't skip scheduling your routine appointments because as Forrest Gump sez "You never know what you're gonna get".

Drew
[/quote]
Good for you Drew. I'm 74 and my doctor is "The VA, thank you for your service to our country". They discovered I have an aneurysm a couple years ago and they were freaking out. "Gotta" get something done about this but since Affordable Care kicked it isn't serious enough to operate. End of story. My attitude? I've had a great life but I feel sorry for our children.

RE: Life is like a box of chocolates - winoweenie - 04-17-2014

Dad'Burnet Drewski, Youse dint mention a word of this. A couple of years ago me dr. found out I had A-Fib. I've yet to have an attact that I could identify so have no idea what the ramifications are. Occasionally I do have a shortness of breath when I stretch it out but I've friends who have had shock treatments to get the lil' bugger back working properly. Get well soon me bud as I need to know there are still industrious hunters out there keeping the wine merchants of the world honest. BPR, WW

RE: Life is like a box of chocolates - Drew - 04-17-2014

You know what, Verne, there wasn't anything to tell. I have mitral valve prolapse and have had it for as long as I can remember. Hooked up with my current cardiologist in 1989 and he monitors it using cardiac treadmill tests at least one test every two years so this was just another "routine test". I think that somewhere I got a bad bottle of wine that contained large amounts of atherosclerosis instead of tannins!

RE: Life is like a box of chocolates - winoweenie - 04-20-2014

Get well friend and Happy Easter. WW

RE: Life is like a box of chocolates - TheEngineer - 04-28-2014

Get well Drew! Glad they found this!

RE: Life is like a box of chocolates - Kcwhippet - 05-01-2014

Been there, done that. Also have Afib. On atenolol, digoxin and simvastatin after 3 stents were placed in 05. Everything is fine now - at least according to the docs.

RE: Life is like a box of chocolates - winoweenie - 05-02-2014

On my 86th B/D at my check-up the doc said " Well Verne at last you can join the crowd. You now have the Old-Mans- disease "A-Fib". No big deal. Haven't done anything but take aspirin and so far no real idea what the blue-blazes it be. WW