WineBoard
My youngest daughter Shanon has just - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: My youngest daughter Shanon has just (/thread-22662.html)

My youngest daughter Shanon has just - winoweenie - 06-20-2013

escaped a major catastrophie. She has a lovely 10 acre property outside of Prescott that is in the center of the Doce Fire that has consumed 7500 acres. She was forced to evacuate Tuesday when the flames got within 1/4 mile of her homes. (Main House and a 4 room Artist bungalow). She had put up a fire-break around the property and soaked all the trees with her garden hose before leaving and last nite on TV her home was shown intact. HALLELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!! She is one lucky lil' sucker. They are now doing some controlled fires and if it's successful they say the 500 families displaced will be allowed back in Friday. Pray for a successful burn! WW

RE: My youngest daughter Shanon has just - TheEngineer - 06-20-2013

That's great to hear WW! My prayers for her and that her property will come out of this untouched.

RE: My youngest daughter Shanon has just - Jackie - 06-20-2013

OMG. I'll add my good thoughts to those prayers. Keep us updated.

RE: My youngest daughter Shanon has just - Kcwhippet - 06-21-2013

Good luck to her. Sounds like she may come out of this just fine. We have some friends up in CO who just went through the same situation.

RE: My youngest daughter Shanon has just - winoweenie - 06-21-2013

As of last nite her property was completely intact. The men fighting this fire had to be Houdinis'. They didn't lose a SINGLE structure as of now and still don't have the fire under control. Looks like Shan will get to move back in this afternoon. WW

RE: My youngest daughter Shanon has just - Jackie - 06-21-2013

WW,

I emailed Jim Wallace, who also lives nearby. He says the smoke is making it hard to breathe and he's 20 or 30 miles away. I'm glad your young'in is fine. Narrow escape is right!

Jackie

RE: My youngest daughter Shanon has just - winoweenie - 06-22-2013

Well as good as the men were at fighting the fire the people in charge are just that inefficient. Shan went back up to get into her house as promised yesterday and found the gendarmes blocking the road and denying access. Not only that but the man who came just after her was in his house with his wife, left to go into Prescott for groceries and they DENIED him access back in. What Crapolo!!!!! Seems like EVERYONE who's in office now with a smidgin' of power has NO common sense. She had to turn around and come back to Phoenix. She has no idea when she can get back into her home. WWHuh

RE: My youngest daughter Shanon has just - TheEngineer - 06-24-2013

The only good thing is that she gets to spend more time with you. That never hurts.

Shanon has just - winoweenie - 06-24-2013

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me baby got back into her property yesterday afternoon. Nothing but GREAT news. Not only was there no damage to either house but for some insane reason there was NO smoke damage inside either structure. haven't talked to her since but am assuming all of her trees were saved. Life is GOOD!!!!!! WW