WineBoard
Admins? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Admins? (/thread-22410.html)

Admins? - Jackie - 11-15-2012

It's time to set up our Admins & Moderators for this new board, who can help me maintain everything...

A moderator is someone who looks after specific topics or categories on the board like Rants & Raves, etc and makes sure that every post gets an appropriate response.

An admin is someone who can edit or remove entire threads, posts, ban users, set up new users, etc.

I'm hoping that everyone who was set up as an admin or forum moderator on the old board would be willing to continue on this board... (I guess with the exception of Bucko who seems to have forgotten us entirely).

Could everyone confirm please if you're willing?

a) If you could be a moderator, which topics?

b) If you were an admin and are willing to remain an admin here, let me know please. Administration should not be difficult. Mainly, it requires keeping an eye out for spammers or other problems. The tools are excellent though... so it should be easy.

Thanks in advance for volunteering. I'm sometimes out of town and without Internet access, so I do appreciate everyone's help to make this a self-governing board.

Jackie

RE: Admins? - Innkeeper - 11-15-2012

Count me in, IK

RE: Admins? - Kcwhippet - 11-15-2012

Well, I was an admin before, and I guess I can do it again.

RE: Admins? - TheEngineer - 11-16-2012

I can also do that. I suspect that you don't want too many admins so I'll be a moderator:

I can do all the Riesling and Italian posts and can do more once you establish all the remaining needs.

RE: Admins? - hotwine - 11-16-2012

I'll pass on moderator duty this time, thanks.

RE: Admins? - Jackie - 11-16-2012

Thank you all. Anyone else able to help running the board?? There shouldn't be much to do actually --- but eventually we may need people to be able to edit a rotten post or thread, banish a spammer, etc.

I've set up Innkeeper and KCWhippet as administrators and TheEngineer as a supermoderator.

IK,KC,Eng... At the top of the screen (well below the vineyard picture) you will see Welcome... and then some (parentheses with links to your personal USER Control Panel (CP) and now also a link to the Admin CP or Moderator CP. This is where you click to do whatever you need.

It's pretty straightforward but if you have any issues or questions, just email me or call me.

Thank you all... and if anyone else wants to help, please post here. (Finally POWER!! - Verne what about you?)

Jackie

Jackie

RE: Admins? - winoweenie - 11-17-2012

Have never been too keen on being a judge of peoples actions as I find, quite frankly, I'm too derned judgmental. Whenced I don't like someones post I get far more comfort in dissing the blazes outta' it than in removing it. If, when the dust settles and you still need help let me know and I'll reconsider. ( Curmy taught me most of this). WW

RE: Admins? - hotwine - 11-17-2012

WW echoes me own sentiments percisely.

RE: Admins? - Jackie - 11-20-2012

We're good. I'm sure we'll be ok for now.

Thanks all.

Jackie