WineBoard
'10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: New York/East Coast Wines (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon (/thread-22395.html)

'10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - Innkeeper - 11-07-2012

2010 Glenora Finger Lakes Cabernet Sauvignon ($18.99). First tasted this with dinner at Glenora last March. We liked it so much we bought a few bottles as part of a case which dropped the price by $1.90.

We drank the last one last night with broiled loin lamb chops, eggplant salad and garlic bread. This is a lovely wine with unexpected quality for Cab at this price and age. Highly recommended on your next trip to FL.

RE: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - winoweenie - 11-07-2012

Well Heavens to Betsy!!!! Cabernet frum the mity Geno in the FL. Whodathunkit? And drinkable at that! Trying to git me feeble taster-thingie to comprehend alla' this and it still comes back with the same question...Huh! WW

RE: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - Thomas - 11-11-2012

[quote='winoweenie' pid='104099' dateline='1352331200']
Well Heavens to Betsy!!!! Cabernet frum the mity Geno in the FL. Whodathunkit? And drinkable at that! Trying to git me feeble taster-thingie to comprehend alla' this and it still comes back with the same question...Huh! WW
[/quote]

Young man: the times, they are achangin'

RE: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - winoweenie - 11-12-2012

Not 'Moi noble Thomas. Times be 'achangin whenced youse see a glass of SW pressed agin' the weeners fat hot lips. WWCool

RE: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - Kcwhippet - 11-15-2012

So, I suppose the Glenora Blanc de Noir doesn't count as an SW.

RE: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - winoweenie - 11-16-2012

[quote='Kcwhippet' pid='104155' dateline='1353028435']
So, I suppose the Glenora Blanc de Noir doesn't count as an SW.
[/quote]

Bubblies are in their own catagory! Breakfast!!!!!!WW

RE: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - Kcwhippet - 11-17-2012

Is the Cab grown in the FL? I wouldn't have thought it could fully ripen in that climate. What say, Thomas?

RE: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - Innkeeper - 11-17-2012

KC, it has a FL appellation. The wine is somewhat austere which is what I like in a Cab.

RE: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - Innkeeper - 10-27-2014

First 2012 tonight. It weighed in at 13.5% alcohol and carried a Finger Lakes appellation. It had a distinctive blackberry touch on the palate. We matched it with rib steak covered with Morton rub and grilled over charcoal and mesquite chips; baked sweet potatoes, and steamed asparagus with freshly made Hollandaise sauce (some of which ended up on the steak!). Yum!

RE: '10 Glenora Cabernet Sauvignon - Innkeeper - 11-29-2014

Another '12 tonight. We had to fix the rib steak the restaurant method (browned on the stove and finished in a 400 degree F oven for six minutes). We matched the steak and wine with baked sweet potato and salad. Yum!