WineBoard
THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-1.html)
+--- Thread: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! (/thread-22362.html)

THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Jackie - 11-01-2012

Dear Friends,

I've been working on this steadily and I think we're about ready to open for business again! Or pleasure, rather.

Thank you for all your patience. There may still be a few glitches. I've tested most of the functions and so far I've been able to fix any issues. THere may be a few more kinks that I've not discovered yet but we'll work it out....

I've only been able to get the posts from July 13, 2012 and back... So I'm missing half of July and all of August/Sept/Oct. It's probably best to leave this out anyway! Hope you agree.

AND I hope you like the new look. There are going to be a number of nice, new features, some of which I've not added yet because I want to be sure the basics work right. We'll have a gallery for photos soon and several other things. Now, you can set up a buddy list and send private messages.

NOW -- here's the one thing I could not fix:
When you log in, your old username should work but your old password will not. Sorry. Whatever you enter, you will get an error message saying that your username and password "don't match". This is because the new server has new security settings, different than the old server's.

It will be really easy to get past this:
1) Just click on "FORGOT PASSWORD" and enter your email address.
2) Then check your email for a message with a login link -- click on that and you'll be back in the forum, although with a new password.
3) You can change your password now. Find the little text link "User CP" next to your name and time stamp. Click on it.
4) Now you are in the USER CONTROL PANEL. Give yourself a new (or your old) password again. There are other things you can play with here too, if you wish.

More to follow. WELCOME BACK!

Please let us all know how you're doing, especially if you were affected by Hurricane Sandy!

And thanks for keeping the faith with me.

Jackie

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Innkeeper - 11-02-2012

I'm back on!!! Thanks for all your work and help Jackie.

Carl

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Drew - 11-03-2012

[quote='Jackie' pid='104016' dateline='1351829380']
Dear Friends,

I've been working on this steadily and I think we're about ready to open for business again! Or pleasure, rather.

Jackie
[/quote]

It is my great [b]pleasure[/b] to be back, Jackie. Thank you so much for this new board.

Drew

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - winoweenie - 11-03-2012

Straggling in as usual Herr In-spec-i-tor. I suppose youse be gonna use the ole' "Sandy made me late" cop-out. Doesn't look like we'll miss a beat. IK, how long do it take to post some tasting notes there Bubba? You using the same lame excuse that Drew is? Good to see some friendly monikers showing up. WW

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Thomas - 11-03-2012

Jackie,

Forget my email. Apparently, one of my three attempts to login has worked.

Hello all.

Can't promise I'll be around much, as I have little to say on wine these days, but I'll be around.

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Jackie - 11-03-2012

Thomas,

Is this you, Foodie? If you prefer, send me the password you want and I'll reset it manually. Sorry for the login problem. I'm glad you kept trying....

I think it may have to do with cookies but I have to do some testing to be sure.

Just email me, if you want the password reset.

Thanks for your tenacity & we're glad you're back!

Jackie
Undecided

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Thomas - 11-03-2012

Seems to be working now. I'm not signed on as foodie.

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - TheEngineer - 11-04-2012

Great to be back Jackie and many many MANY thanks for taking the effort to give us a place that we can comfortably be. I sincerely appreciate it!

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Jackie - 11-05-2012

You're so welcome. Thank you for the appreciation. I am pleased that I could rescue all the valuable notes that you've all made over the years. I love this board and I just couldn't bear seeing it disappear.

I hope we get everyone back participating...

Jackie

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Innkeeper - 11-05-2012

I've contacted Jane and she says she will check in.

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Kcwhippet - 11-05-2012

Here I am guys. Let's get it on!!!

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - winoweenie - 11-06-2012

Bout time slacker! Post-'em-up Charlie!!!! WW

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - GeorgieII - 11-06-2012

if I could do a cartwheel, I'd be doing one!

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - Jackie - 11-09-2012

Wow. That's so gratifying. More good things are coming too.

JackieHeart

RE: THE WINEBOARD IS BACK! - TheEngineer - 03-17-2013

Looks Stellar Ma'am! Great stuff. Looking toward to meeting those new people you were talking about