WineBoard
2 weeks ago we were adopted - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: 2 weeks ago we were adopted (/thread-22320.html)

- winoweenie - 05-30-2012

by the sweetest kitten. After fattening her up (she grew a solid inch) today I took her in to have her spayed and get all the shots. The Vet informed me she was north of 1 year of age and could possibly be pregnant. So much for my ability to make a quality prognosis. Now she'll move into the house (our work-out room) for a week while her stiches heal. Hopefully the 3 priority resident felines accept her as well in the house as they did while living on the porch outside. Always sumpin'!!!! WW

- 777Prodigy - 06-11-2012

how sweet goodluck to her =)

- winoweenie - 06-15-2012

The "BIG" guy shared his food bowl with Lucky yesterday. Very good sign. One of the sisters gave her a welcoming Hiss so we still need time to assimilate her into the Batchelor household. WW

- TheEngineer - 06-20-2012

Smile Nice story!

RE: 2 weeks ago we were adopted - winoweenie - 11-03-2012

To bring this story up to date.....About 2 months ago Lucky decided she was going to be the Alpha cat in our house. 1st Newman the REAL Alpha hit her in the kisser, then Belle the rotund one let her have it. So the only one left was Bebe who is the sweetest animal I've encountered and is CBs' love. Lucky terrorized her to the point that she moved outside which broke CBs' heart. It was to the point that Lucky was going to have to find a new home. We went to Newport Beach for CBs' first vacation in 2&1/2 years. When we came home it was a miracle. Seems like Lucky understood she was standing on the side of a cliff and one foot was slipping. She is intigrated into the family and now Bebe and Lucky sleep with us like they're sisters. Thank goodness as I've become extremely fond of this girl. Numer the Weeners children as 4 now. WW

RE: 2 weeks ago we were adopted - Kcwhippet - 11-05-2012

Wow!! I've heard about really old folks that start adding cat after cat after cat to their household. Are you becoming that really old folk, Verne??

RE: 2 weeks ago we were adopted - winoweenie - 11-06-2012

WHO YOU CALLIN' OLD LEROY???????????ww

RE: 2 weeks ago we were adopted - Kcwhippet - 11-06-2012

I said "really" old. Angel

RE: 2 weeks ago we were adopted - GeorgieII - 11-06-2012

So glad the kitties are getting along. Just don't become one of those animal hoarders! I just picture the raid by the animal control people as they discover your wine cellar!

RE: 2 weeks ago we were adopted - winoweenie - 11-07-2012

Have all the kids I can afford now! What with the big guy who's 18 years old and has decided the only things he'll eat are roasted chicked or broiled salmon with 1/2 & 1/2 as his drink of choice CB aand I are relegated the PB&J sammichs. WWBig Grin