WineBoard
I found Steve Body - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: I found Steve Body (/thread-22179.html)

- Kcwhippet - 02-25-2012

Looking for some info on Noble Rot - a beer made by Dogfish Head with botrytised Viognier must from Alexandria Nicole Cellars in Wash. state. Came upon a review by our old bud, Steve Body (also known as the Master of Hyperbole). Anyway, below is what he lists as his bio, and these are his words.

"Steve Body is a wine/beer/spirits writer and former arts reviewer who has contributed to eleven American newspapers and eighteen worldwide websites. His beer education began in 1967, in London, where he was introduced to British and Scottish ales by his uncle, a prominent British arts critic. His wine education began as a chef, in 1984, and evolved into a career in wine sales that saw stops at Seattle-area shops including Esquin Wine Merchants, Town & Country Markets, Winslow Wine Shop, and his family's own shop in Woodinville, VinElla, a fine wine and specialty beer shop, which was wiped out in a flood in December of 2007. He also writes mystery novels, has eight finished plays with six that have been produced, and was an advertising copywriter for almost twenty years, turning out over 20,000 pieces of ad copy, TV scripts, thematic concepts, and product naming. He is currently employed as a writer for a dot.com start-up, designs wine labels, and writes this and one other site, a human interest blog called "The Constant Valentine", also in the P-I. He lives in Bellevue with his Significant Other, Judye, has nine grandchildren, and is an avid sports fan and dog owner."

What's interesting to me is that he says he was an advertising copywriter for "almost" 20 years, and put out 20,000 pieces of original work. That's over 1,000 pieces a year, or about 20 unique, original ideas a week!!!!!! Ol' Steve has to be the most prolific, original thinker in the history of advertising!!! Oh, and I like that he's "contributed" to eleven American __(North or South???)__newspapers and eighteen worldwide websites (so who hasn't??). Methinks Steve got an A+ in his junior college Ceative Writing course.

- Innkeeper - 02-25-2012

Veddy intereeeeesting.

- winoweenie - 02-25-2012

Gracious sakes alive there Nelly! Maybe he can give me some help on the spelling of me last name. If my memory serves didn't he fail to mention this on the board when he burst on the scene? I always thot he was a master sommeliwer, wine expert, all around sport when he and I had our verbal jousts.Whatta'-Guy!!!!!WW

- Thomas - 02-25-2012

I had heard about the flood and the loss of the retail shop, but had not heard all that other stuff. I've been writing since the 1980s without having reached such lofty numbers--makes me feel like I wasted my life...

In fairness, many of us have done many things in our lives--some of us embellish a little. Whenever I find myself explaining a few of the sidetracks I took along the way, and the variety of interests that i harbor, I often see disbelief in the eyes of the recipient.

No matter how much or how little we've accomplished, our lives remain our own. I suppose it's our duty to bring our dreams to reality, real or imagined!

- winoweenie - 02-25-2012

ZAPPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jes got hit by a bolt frum the blue. Will be flying my Lear to Syria in the morn to arbitrate a cease-fire between Assad and the rebels, plus a ribbon-cutting for the new flagship mall in Homs. Will file 173 reports by Tuesday. WW

- Georgie - 02-25-2012

You are so bad, Verne.
:lol:

- wonders - 02-26-2012

I would think a copywriter for a radio station might easily put out 20 different ads in a week so the numbers aren't entirely impossible. It doesn't mean he did 20000 different ad campaigns.