WineBoard
Friends... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Friends... (/thread-22162.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Jackie - 02-17-2012

This board is near and dear to my heart, having founded it with Jerry Mead back in '99, I think it was. There is so much good information here that it is really a treasure trove of wine knowledge.

Most of this is due to the contributions of a group of users who have been generous, loyal and supportive of this site since the beginning.

I have decided that -- as the owner of the domain, WINES.COM -- I should be taking a more active role to maximize the positive aspects of the WineBoard, both for our long-time users and newcomers, who look here for good advice on wine topics of all kinds.

I'm starting by asking for the WineBoard SEARCH function to be changed. We want the results of any search to be displayed with the MOST CURRENT post first... followed by older posts.

That's one step in the right direction. I would LOVE to hear any other suggestions that you have for changes right now. They will be addressed.

I would like to ask our old friends to pass the word that I am initiating positive changes here and need your feedback and comments. This forum is not the "poor relatives" of blogs. It is an absolute TREASURE of wine advice, tasting notes, bargain tips... and so much more.

I am proud of this forum and intend to help improve it for all who visit. We honor and appreciate every single contribution. This is a place where there are no wine snobs, there are no dumb questions, and we will do everything possible to respond to requests and suggestions... So please post or send me email.

Thank you for your continued support.

Jackie :-D

- winoweenie - 02-18-2012

Jackie Love. Glad to see you're back on the job. Seems there's been divergent notions as how the board should function. As far as I'm concerned it's been more of a connection with Jerry that has kept me posting plus meeting some of the terrific folks who have frequented this sucker. If the focus is redirected to sharing our colective wine experiences I'm solid. If this becomes an onging cash chase I'm out. It really doesn't matter one way or the other as I know it means little what descriptors are used, I derned sure know what the blazes I had for lunch. By the by....I 'haint heard word one from AA since this thing went south. WW

- Drew - 02-18-2012

I almost gave up on this board and, I guess, really did save for some posts here and there. I've always loved this board but the changes and, lack of, damaged the Board to where it is now with probably less than 10 active posters. I say we all come back, in spite of Alex and his sommelier, and elevate this board to where it once was. Thanks, Jackie, for the pep talk.

Drew

- Jackie - 02-18-2012

Drew & WW,

I'm so glad to see your responses. I couldn't agree more. It would be fabulous if all the regulars would join in here. This board or forum (whichever you call it) is a terrific tool for sharing -- as WW says -- our collective wine experiences. I'm so happy to hear from you and I, on my side, will see to it that the board is properly supported and showcased so newcomers find it too. I know they will find it as valuable as we have over the years.

Thank you!

Jackie

- Winefinder - 02-18-2012

Goodness, it’s been years since I’ve been here. Had to completely re-register was happy no one had grabbed my user name in the interim. WW, how is that wonderful cellar of yours surviving our weather here in the land of AZ? Do you still have the Bachelor pad up in Napa? Is Innkeeper still around? I guess I’ll need be a bit more frequent to find those things out. Wine Tip: Alysian is GF’s new Pinot Noir brand. The Russian River is delightful, delovely, delicious. No I don’t work for Gary, just love the wine. WineFinder

- Winefinder - 02-18-2012

Bucko?

- Innkeeper - 02-18-2012

I'm here and have been lurking and doing some cleanups. I emailed Jackie last night with my concerns regarding the spam and inablility to delete it without losing the whole topic.

- Drew - 02-18-2012

Bucko left awhile ago to play cowboys and indians....... :-D

- Georgie - 02-18-2012

Hi I'm back, too! I would love to see this forum restored to the fun place it used to be! I'll start drinking more if that'll help! I miss those old days, that's for sure. Glad to hear what you had to say, Jackie! :-)

- winoweenie - 02-19-2012

Color me back! WineF the cellar is okie-dokie and still has a bottle or two. Took my lovely CB to lunch yesterday at Sportsmans for the 1st time in over a year and we had a blast. She paid for it today but swears it's worth every head pain. She had her 1st glass of SW in over a year and when we got home I opened her a 2006 Hospices de Beaune Mersault Genvieres that a friend gave her. He bought all 6 barrels of this and I must concur this sucker is a SW on Steroids. Had a small bottle(750) of 84 Dehlinger cab that kept screaing "DRINKMEDRINKME" whenced I be looking in the cellar so I obliged. This was made by the greatest nose in Sonoma Freddie-Poo-Scherrer-Boogs! Killer juice and as usual me allotment was WAY to short.WW (PSSS....And Georgie Darlin' done' worry your pretty lil' curls about drinkin' more, REGARDLESS the Weener will take up the slack!!!!!!!!!)

- Georgie - 02-19-2012

WW, it is so great to hear that your beloved is well enough to out to eat and enjoy some wine. I'm so happy for you both. You've been through a lot.

- Jackie - 02-19-2012

Wow, I'm so happy to hear from all of you. Georgie, WW, Drew & Innkeeper!

Carl, I did not get your email message. Would you mind please resending it to: jackie@wines.com.

I'm delighted that Jim Wallace, WineFinder, is posting again. Jim was a very dear friend of Jerry Mead. He, in fact, originally introduced us, which led to Jerry publishing the WINETRADER on WINES.COM and, ultimately, setting up the WineBoard here, after the AOL problems.

Jim Wallace, as some of you know, took over publishing the WineTrader when Jerry Mead became ill. He is also one of the principle judges and organizers of the New World International Wine Competition, as well as a judge at many other wine competition events. Wallace and I are good friends and I am pleased to welcome him back after a long hiatus. I know he has also met Verne and, I think, some of our other friends.

This is great. I'm so happy to hear from everyone.

- Winefinder - 02-19-2012

AW Shucks, almost like a family reunion here. Jackie, I really didn't take over publishing the Trader, I just did what I could do to keep him going. I did throw one hell-of-a going away party for him tho. Many of you were there including his sons. I am excited to see this happening, I'll be back much more often to banter with WW. Now that Jackie has blown my cover. I'll sign off here, oops. BTW - This year's New World International Wine Competition will be happening at the Ontario Hilton March 11 and 12 in Ontario, CA and it is faithfully dedicated to Jerry at each opening. The persons who runs it now is Jody and Eileen Tillery. If you might have a wine to enter contact Jody@nwiwc.com

- Kcwhippet - 02-19-2012

Looks like I might have to come on back here. If we could build this back to what it was, and maybe beyond, that would be a wonderful thing. I miss what we once had, and I hope we can recover. Who knows, maybe Thomas and Wonders will come back also. I don't hold out much hope of seeing Bucko here, though.

Hopefully yours,
Bob

- hotwine - 02-19-2012

Bucksnort's having too much fun slingin' hot lead on the quick-draw circuit. He's good.... don't ever get in a gun-fight with him!

I'm still here..... not buying as much juice these days (economy still in the tank, enjoying good scotch) but nipping at the cellar every day for something to match with din-din.

- winoweenie - 02-19-2012

By the way there Jimmy-Poo are you still on the ranch upstate jes' south of the Serendipity wilderness area? Guess you and CB have broke alla' them mustangs by now. We still live in the same place with the same phone # for the last 30. Give us a call next time you get to the big city. As far as you KC I expect to read your keen insights daily. Will strt posting meself on the occassional bout with Annie Green. I'll talk to Thomas today. Later WW

- Kcwhippet - 02-19-2012

OK, Weenie. First post back will be in Germany/Alsace - coming soon to a screen near you.

- Jackie - 02-19-2012

WW- when you talk to Thomas, ask him if we are square. I vaguely recall something about an outstanding invoice with Alex and I wonder if that was ever taken care of. If not, I would ask him to email me at jackie@wines.com. Thanks.

Jackie

- Thomas - 02-20-2012

Jackie,

Everything was taken care of.

Hello all.

It took a while to log in, as I seemed to have been somehow pushed out and had to change the password because I never remember my passwords...too many of them.

Anyway, I'm smack in the middle of researching and writing the next book, and I had volunteered to write a video script for a new Finger Lakes Museum covering wine history of the region. Dealing with those, and the prostate cancer treatment, doesn't give me much time to commiserate, but I'll check in daily and say something when I think I have something to say--don;t you dare say what you are thinking, WW...

- Innkeeper - 02-20-2012

Jane (WOW) is checking in tomorrow. She may have to reregister because she forgot her password. Is there anyone else we need to round up? Cheers.