WineBoard
My status - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: My status (/thread-21519.html)

- Thomas - 05-27-2011

Visited the oncologist this week for a status check-up; completed radiation one month ago.

Things are going along as well as can be expected, and the internals are getting back to normal functioning.

I'm scheduled to take a shot every 3 months for the next year and a half. All the oncologist can do is watch the progress and read the PSA numbers, which he will be doing every six months.

Next visit is November, so I'll be making noise for a little while longer...

- wondersofwine - 05-27-2011

I guess no news is good news at the check-ups. Keep healing--we want you around for years to come.

- Innkeeper - 05-27-2011

My PSA has gone from 2.5 two years ago, to 3.3 last year, and up to 4.63 this year; so primary is getting concerned. Thinking it might be just age and/or an infection he put me on an antibiotic for 30 days. If the PSA doesn't get better or increases, he's going to send me to a urologist. Stand by.

- Kcwhippet - 05-27-2011

Pleased to hear things are looking better, Thomas. I really don't like to find out friends are having health problems, but I guess it's God's will, or what comes with advancing age or whatever the cause. Regardless, I still don't like to know such things can happen to those I care for. I'm so thankful WW's CB has struck down her demons. We only met briefly, but she is such a wonderful person. I'm glad Georgie's doing much better. Also, obviously pleased you're on the mend, Thomas. IK, we pray the best for you. Haven't heard from Dan and Anne for way too long, but hope things are well with them as well. Gosh, it sure does suck getting older.

- hotwine - 05-28-2011

Hang in there, Thomas, we need you here.

Passed the 20th anniversary of my heart attack back in December; met with a new doc yesterday. She said everything looks good, but raised an eyebrow about my 240 lb (no sense of humor at all).

Carl, would think a modest increase in PSA is likely age-related; will pray that is so.

Bob, you're right, old age does indeed suck.

- TheEngineer - 05-28-2011

Like the others say Thomas, keep on hanging in there and glad that things are going as well as should be expected. As always you and everyone else on this post will be in our prayers.

- Thomas - 05-28-2011

Thanks, all. This BB has always held a special place within me, and that's because of the people who populate it.

IK, it may be age related, but a quick PSA rise (plus the fact that you already had a cancer situation) seems to say that you should see that urologist. I waited too long to discover that my GP, wonderful as he is, is ill-equipped to do a good prostate check. He missed what both the urologist and the oncologist told me were obvious protruding bumps.

I've never met CB, but feel a deep affinity with her through this experience. Besides, she has the special WW decoder ring, so that others might understand what he says...

- andrawes76 - 05-28-2011

Thomas, glad you are feeling better and hopefully it will continue to be that way so that we can enjoy your Company for many years. For that matter I wish everyone on this Board continued health and happiness... Cheers, AA

- winoweenie - 05-28-2011

Wasn't on the board yesterday as CB now has an extremely painful ear infection. It started last Sunday and got progressively worse. We were at the Dr every bloomin' day this week and then yesterday morn she was in such excurciating pain our Dr. cheked her into St. Joes emergency room. When the intravenious fluids with hefty anti-biotics plus morphine for the pain dint touch it he had her transferred to Arrowhead Hosp where he's on the board. Today the pain has gone from a solid 10 down to between 6&7 but still not clearing. They've decided to keep her there till the infection is cleared up. For the 1st time during this constant assault on her body she finally asked me last nite "Why me, Why now"? No answer but it sure as the blazes don't seem fair. In the meantime IK as long as you don't think it mite hinder his help I'll return the prayer thingie for you and Thomas I've talked to you and glad the light at the end of the tunnell 'haint no derned train. Will keep all appraised. WW ( Iff'n youse guys done' mind please lighten up on the getting"OLD" comments. With my limited memory sometimes I fergit)

- TheEngineer - 05-29-2011

WW, I'm glad that she has you to reach over to for support and I'm sure she is of the same opinion. You can keep her spirits up as you have many times for those of us on this board.

- Thomas - 05-30-2011

WW,

Is this ear infection related to a compromised immune system from chemo? If so, CB needs to rebuild her immune system, and that takes a lot of time.

Stay with her, and tell her that we are pulling for her.

- winoweenie - 05-30-2011

It has been diagnosed as cellulitus which is a nice by-product of radiation and at first presents irself as an inner ear infection. She's much better today but looks like she'll need another 1-2 days of the intense intravenous anti-bacterial and rest before she shucks this sucker. WW

- TheEngineer - 05-31-2011

Glad that she is on the mend for that! Stay with her!