WineBoard
One of ours has a great sadness - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: One of ours has a great sadness (/thread-21187.html)

- winoweenie - 11-29-2004

BigRedWines CBs' brother died unexpectadly Saturday. They have gone back East to be with family. Hope each of you will help with compassion and sympathy to help this lovely couple thru this time of grief.ww

- Georgie - 11-29-2004

No death of a loved one is easy, but I think those holiday time deaths are even harder to bear. My sympathy to all.

- Glass_A_Day - 11-29-2004

I am so sorry to hear that. Didn't he just travel to Napa with you? Wow, when you see this comming it is still awful but expected. When it comes out of the blue it seems so much harder. Please pass along my most heartfelt condolences.

[This message has been edited by Glass_A_Day (edited 11-29-2004).]

- Innkeeper - 11-29-2004

Very sorry to hear the news. Our thoughts and prayers are with all.

- Kcwhippet - 11-29-2004

How very sad. Judy and I send our deepest condolences.

- Thomas - 11-29-2004

WW, tell CB we are very sorry for her loss.

- hotwine - 11-29-2004

Our deepest sympathies to his family, WW.

- Bucko - 11-29-2004

Especially tough during the holidays. Best to CB and you.

- newsguy - 11-29-2004

keeping everyone in my prayers. my deepest sympathy. keith.

- bigredwines - 11-29-2004

I want to thank you all for your heart felt compassion and prayers.The next three days will be very dificult for the family.My wifes brother was 43.This is way to young to die.Thank you again for your prayers and beautiful words of encouragement.brw

- wondersofwine - 11-29-2004

My sympathies. One of my work colleagues is traveling to a funeral tomorrow. Her brother's stepson, 21, died in a moped accident about a block from his home the day after Thanksgiving. The closeness to home and where his stepfather works and the closeness to the holiday will make it hard to escape associations.

- californiagirl - 11-29-2004

My sympathies to you and your family, brw.

- dananne - 11-29-2004

Anne and I send our deepest sympathies.

- Zinner - 11-30-2004

So sorry to hear about this. Deepest sympathy to you and yours.

- stevebody - 12-01-2004

Please pass along my and Judye's sympathies. Our thoughts and prayers go along, too.

- Drew - 12-02-2004

Eileen and I also pass along our sympathies and prayers.

Drew

- tandkvd - 12-05-2004

Sorry to hear about your loss. Our sympathies are with you.

We also had a loss in the family. My uncle on my Dad's side passed away this past Monday. He had been ill for awile, but he was only 62. He and my Dad went to school together and were close friends. He married my Dads sister that had two children. He adopted the children and raised them as his own. He left his wife, two children, four grand children, and four great grand children. He was a very good man and will be mised greatly.

[This message has been edited by tandkvd (edited 12-05-2004).]

- Jackie - 12-16-2004

Please accept my condolences. There is nothing harder than losing a sibling, except perhaps losing a child.

We expect our parents to go before us. But our siblings are involved in our daily lives for so many years in so many ways, we can't imagine the world without them. They are so much a part of our identity.

I lost my sister in July. We were best friends and sisters. She was only 52. They found stage 4 cancer. She died after only 6 days. It was so hard. She was on a respirator and couldn't talk but was very much conscious and aware.

There are really no words to help. I hope only that someday I will meet her again in a better world. It's hard to believe but I sure hope so.

My heart goes out to you.

Sadly,
Jackie

- wondersofwine - 12-16-2004

Sorry about your uncle, Tandkvd. He does sound like a good man.

- winedope1 - 12-17-2004

My sympathies to all who have suffered losses. It is hard at any time but particularly at this time of the year. My father passed on Christmas Day 5 years ago and while the holiday is still joyful, spent with loved ones, there is always an element of sadness as well. Thinking of you all, WD