WineBoard
Where the h--- is everyone - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Where the h--- is everyone (/thread-21135.html)

- Kcwhippet - 08-16-2010

I've noticed a very distinct dearth of postings of late. Seems like most folks have gone elsewhere or just gone to ground. Saw this at AOL.com, About.com and two other sites when the folks in charge decided they wanted to change the sites into what they thought they should be, rather than what they had so successfully been. A short time later, all those sites just disappeared. Sure hope that doesn't happen here.

- hotwine - 08-16-2010

Still here, just drinking the same juice - nothing new to report. Chianti Classico for the last couple of nights with eggplant parmesan, plus the usual Pinot Noir Cava as a sipper. The heat argues against any purchases IMO.... will wait until it cools off. I don't trust local shippers and retailers to protect the goodies en route to my clutches.

- wondersofwine - 08-17-2010

KC, we haven't heard much from you lately. I have a Beaujolais and a Pinot Noir to report on this week and maybe a Spanish white over the weekend.

- winoweenie - 08-17-2010

Still on the bloomin' sabattical so just lurking aropund and my only contribution would be saliva. May end this sucker next week. It gets harder and harder. WW

- TheEngineer - 08-17-2010

I've been working too hard to open up much lately....that is the sign of the times to be sure. I don't ever recall this many 10 pm nights working and then return home/hotel in absolute exhaustion.....

Maybe I'm getting too old for this....

Having said that I've posted here an on a few places when I get a small break and started to plan two wine related trips.

SF in October to meet an old friend (I'm allowed to have those now...) and it's gonna be an older vintage opening session. Also with a different group, we are doing our own 1976 tasting with all the original reds but in different vintages.

Next year (get this....planning for next year already...) headed finally to European wine country for two weeks. It's gonna be a typical EngRun session as we will hit tenatively champagne, Bordeaux, Burgundy and the Piedmont in two weeks....... yes RUNNING. I'm so looking forward to that. I've been to so many of the lesser known wine regions that it will be good to hit the MegaRegion soon!!!!!

Also still picking off some 09 offerings online.....$$$$$$$$ good gawd......

So no, not drinking much but never have been too far away from the subject.

- andrawes76 - 08-17-2010

I am still here. I will tell you this KC, I am 100% dedicated right now to bringing in more souls into this forum and this website. I have a specific campaign for that rolling out in September which will include a slight re-tweak of the homepage to bring the education part of wine back into focus for Wines.com. My goal, although you may say is crazy, is not to get rich of Wines.com. Simply to make it a central point where people, experienced and newbies, go to learn more and contribute more about wine.

Stay tuned, its an exciting new program that includes sending wines from wineries and merchants in return for contributing to the content of this site.

I do have a lot of tasting notes that I am going to filter in here in a few weeks...

Actually I am almost at 500 posts. I am going to get it to 500 this week!

- winoweenie - 08-17-2010

Wuss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ww

I'm a young en! Not a wuss. Do we need to play quarters or kings at the table when we finally get together? Its on sucka!

- winoweenie - 08-18-2010

What do you think this dumb sabattical's about bubba! I'm dead-on with me training sheduule.WW [img]/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

- VouvrayHead - 09-06-2010

I've just been a wuss lately [img]/ubb/smile.gif[/img]
(Drinking very little.)

I do pop in to read, and I'll try to post if I drink anything really noteworthy.

- winoweenie - 09-06-2010

As you may bemember VH I granulated from the UofM and carry fond memories of this lovely hamlet. As a downer, my frat house which was one of the oldest on campus has just been banned from campus for bad deeds. Todays youngsters need to know how, when, and how much to drink IMHO. WW (ATO)

- VouvrayHead - 09-07-2010

heh, no doubt about it. I was out of town for the weekend and came back to the news that 19 year-old girl fell off the balcony at a local establishment. .32 blood-alcohol.
She's in critical.

- wondersofwine - 09-07-2010

With that high a blood-alcohol count she would no doubt be critical even if she didn't have the fall off the balcony. Whoever was with her (I'm assuming she didn't do all that binge drinking on her own) should be prosecuted (reckless endangerment or negligence perhaps?)