WineBoard
Happy Memral Day one and all - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Happy Memral Day one and all (/thread-21014.html)

- winoweenie - 05-25-2001

I don't want to Rib anyones, But this is a Prime time to Cutlet loose wif' a Round of Rib-ticklin' revelry that all of New York would Filet good 'bout. Fire up them Barbies, Open them bottles , and let the Shoulders Sway. Don't woory 'bout bein 'Ground into Meat Loaf. In UDDER WORDS, " happy memmie day! ww.

- hotwine - 05-25-2001

Same at ya, WW. The BBQ pit is configured for travel, wines are selected, foods are packed; we'll be ready to hit the road for the ranch at first light tomorrow.

Thanks, absent friends, for your service. We do remember you.

- Bucko - 05-25-2001

Ditto on both counts.

FWIW, I hear that the new movie, Pearl Harbor, sucks big time. Too bad..... I was going to go to that movie over the holiday weekend.

Bucko

- hotwine - 05-25-2001

Yeah, that's what I heard, too. Another one to avoid. Disney has really lost it IMHO.

- barnesy - 05-25-2001

Disney should avoid "historical" movies and stick to their usual fluff and junk. The one exception would be "Remember the Titans," that was a good movie based on true events.

Its always good to remember those who served so that we can enjoy the life we do now.

Barnesy

- chittychattykathy - 05-26-2001

Happy Memorial Day to all my service buddies!

- Innkeeper - 05-28-2001

Thanks Kat, and the same comes from moi to our fellow vets. Driving home from Quebec yesterday, we passed both Canadian and American military cemeteries, giving an opportunity to take pause.

Today we will make a noble effort to crank up the ole grill for yet another season (its 26th!). Simple hot dogs and burgers will do, with plenty of lusty red zin.

- Drew - 05-28-2001

Happy Memorial Day to one and all. I'm working the entire Holiday, which is no big deal....been a violent past couple a days in Baltimore; gives me time to reflect on all who sacrificed for the freedoms we enjoy.

Drew

- mrdutton - 05-28-2001

About an hour from now one of the oldest Memorial Day parades will start in Portsmouth, VA. The city of Virginia Beach will also be having a vigil and prayer service at their Veteran's Memorial.

Today is a day worth reflecting on just how significant the sacrifices of our parents were. The WWII gang saved us and a large part of the rest of the world from an unimaginable future. Here's to the Greatest Generation!!!

- Drew - 05-28-2001

I thought this was an appropriate quote for today...

“These endured all and gave all that justice among nations might prevail and that mankind might enjoy freedom and inherit peace.” Inscription, Normandy Chapel, Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial.

Drew

- RAD - 05-28-2001

Well said, Drew, from an appreciative civilian.

RAD

- winoweenie - 05-28-2001

I'll Drink To That! WW