WineBoard
RELAYI NG INFO - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Collectibles/Auction News (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: RELAYI NG INFO (/thread-2088.html)

- Susan Johnson - 10-11-2002

[img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/smile.gif[/img] HELLO EVERYONE. MANY MONTHS AGO MY SIS JAN ASKED ME TO HELP HER FIND INFO ON SOME WINE SO I DID BY ASKING YOU AT THE WINEBOARD. SHE REQUEST I SEND THIS NOTE FROM HER TO YOU: also i wanted to ask if you would post a note from me to our friends on the wine board . . . that i appreciate all the feedback, we all agreed on one thing, they all did end up down the drain, all, that is, but one, the 96 firestone vineyard central coast johannisberg riesling , whatever all that means,. the wines were actually part of an estate and the son here cleaning out his father's things. i was asked if i know any wino's . . . well the rest was history - and hey - tell barry to move on over and pass that boone's farm thisaway! the bottles did take up alot of room, i was able to get my mad mags back on the shelf and off the kitchen chairs! and hey - at 46, wasn't it about time i got to taste a wine that might have been exquisite, i don't know, some things do get better with age - just look at us!! END OF HER MESSAGE. HAVE A GREAT DAY

- winoweenie - 10-11-2002

Well Susan sorry that our advice was correct, but unfortunately, most wines are not made to age. What is really a crime is to open a botlle that should be exquisite and it joins the sink brigade. Hopefully one of these days you'll get the pleasure of drinking a wine with some time on it that is sound. WW

- Susan Johnson - 10-11-2002

Thanks for the reply but the start of my note was mine but the rest was from my sister, who didn't have a computer at the time (this was a few months ago & she asked me to ask the wineboard for advice about if some wines were still drinkable (?). When I drink wine I usually imbide a Reisling along with dinner at one of the many fine (& expensive) restaurants in & around Denver. Not trying to embitter anyone here. The basis of Jans' message was to say thanks for the advice she got. At that time I was relaying her information. Again...I did not partake any of the wines she requested info on.

- winoweenie - 10-12-2002

Gracious sakes Susan you haven't come close to embittering any of the thick-skins on this board. I for one think it very commendable to help your sister. My reply was in earnest and to commiserate with you. By the way I lived in Denver for over 20 years and helped build the addition to the Normandie ( as a 5-day luncher) and have a Grand-daughter and Grand-son living there now. My Daughter and son-in-law just got back this week and said that the 1717 restaurant downtown is to die for. Come back often. WW

- BarryWade - 10-12-2002

I've been easing away from the Boone's Farm and have discovered a sweet replacement...Mad Dog 20-20 !!!

I've got it on ice and was heading out to get a bag of White Castles, but I will scoot over when you get here !

Barry

- winoweenie - 10-12-2002

DUH!!!!!!!WW

- Susan Johnson - 10-13-2002

The Normandy was a cozy restauant with very fine food (alot of French items on their menu). Unfortunately, it closed last year & the contents of the restaurant (like paintings, wine glasses, etc) were auctioned off to their customers. Many people wanted the items for the memories of this long establised East Colfax Avenue restaurant. I dined there the last week they were open & the quality of food & service had not deminshed. You know the story, good one time, rotten the next. Not in this case. Hava great day. I will relay the info on to my California kid sister.

- janandfang - 10-17-2002

hi big sister! i finally did it, i did, i did . . . (figured out the wine board), but now that i am totally wineless - c'est la vie. reading the replies, actually i didn't take any affront at winoweenie's message. speaking of denver, i do remember strawberry fields, the wine and cheese cellar, which unfortunately i discovered too late. i am curious though - what are white castles? love ya! jan

- winoweenie - 10-17-2002

Hi there Janandfang and welcome to the board.
White Castles are a southern burger chain that makes the greasiest burgers with fried onions in the world, but taste GREAT! I think the current price is 2-bits a burger. I remember when they were 10 for a buck. Sorry the wine didn't work out but they're still makin' the stuff. Start over with some nice bottles. WW