WineBoard
Emails for "Offline" - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Emails for "Offline" (/thread-20735.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- wondersofwine - 07-13-2005

We will miss your shining personality WW (and also the breakfast of champions).

- Innkeeper - 07-13-2005

Verne, please email you phone number. All my info is in temporary storage, which at this point may extend into next year. Never build a new house at age 65!

- Bucko - 07-15-2005

I have called this damned Inn twice to make reservations and the what sounds like 16 year old girl has no clue as to what the group "Wine Style" is. I'm about to say forget it.

- dananne - 07-15-2005

I had no problems when I reserved the room. Have you tried e-mailing Kathy about the issue?

- Kcwhippet - 07-15-2005

Had no problems either. Reservation went smoothly.

- chittychattykathy - 07-18-2005

He did email me and I will call the Inn today.

Please send me an email if you are coming so I can set the meals up-- going to change some things with the smaller group size. And do let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks! I look forward to meeting everyone very soon!

Kat

- chittychattykathy - 07-18-2005

BTW--

We meet on Thursday night at five, at the Inn. You can call my cell when you get to town if you would like for a personal tour of downtown and my house-- I guess... lol.

Don't forget to email me your confirmation that you are coming.

Kat

- Kcwhippet - 07-18-2005

Kat,

Are you publishing your cell phone number or will you email it to those of us still coming? We'll be getting into Sea-Tac about 2:30 on Thursday, so I imagine we'll make it into Prosser just about on time for the festivities to begin.

- wondersofwine - 07-19-2005

I may arrive in Prosser later Thursday evening as I hope to visit some wineries in Willamette Valley that day before proceeding to Washington. Will probably catch dinner on the way to Prosser. Will try to check in with CCK to see what time we meet up on Friday. I'm excited!

- Kcwhippet - 07-19-2005

Is anyone bringing any bottles with them? We had a lot last year, but with the full schedule Kat has set out for us it's a whole different scenario. That is unless the lights go out again.

- dananne - 07-19-2005

Anne and I thought about bringing a few bottles, but since we're buying in Willamette before the offline, we may skip the hassle and just break open a few new purchases. If everyone is planning to bring something special from their cellars, however, we'll do that too. We're all about sharing [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/smile.gif[/img]

- Bucko - 07-23-2005

Okay, let me get this clear so I can get my schedule adjusted. We are meeting THURSDAY evening in Prosser, touring around FRIDAY, SATURDAY, and SUNDAY morning -- right, wrong, don't know? I tried calling Kat but got no reply.

- wondersofwine - 07-25-2005

I believe that's correct. Also, I have a question for CCK. Do I need to bring a dress or skirt and top for the dinners or will casual pantsuits be okay?
I may bring a few bottles. As Dan plans, I will be purchasing some Pinots in Oregon just prior and may share one of them but I would also like to share an Italian wine from my collection and possibly a Burgundy, German dessert wine or a Spanish wine. Also considering a Zinfandel so the problem is narrowing it down. It doesn't concern me if others don't bring bottles--we'll be a small group and can appreciate more of the wines if the number of bottles is contained.

- Kcwhippet - 07-25-2005

I thought there was a BBQ at Destiny Ridge with accompanying skeet shooting (drunks with guns!!!) on Sunday. I would have thought that would be later in the day, perhaps noon. So, that should take us later into Sunday than the morning. Is that still the schedule, Kat?

- Kcwhippet - 07-27-2005

In case anyone's wondered why it seems Kat is so busy it's because she is, check this out. Check her favorite links on the left. One is very familiar.

[url=http://www.winesquire.com/bio/kathyk.htm]www.winesquire.com/bio/kathyk.htm[/url]

[This message has been edited by Kcwhippet (edited 07-27-2005).]

- Bucko - 07-29-2005

Unbelievable! I called this damned Inn for the fourth time, asked to talk to the manager who was apologetic, and they took all of my info, CC#, dates of stay, etc. and said they would call my home with the confirmation # for the three-night stay. I get home last night and there’s the phone message: “Hello Mr. Buckner. We understand you want to make a reservation and we can help you with that. Did you want to stay for one night or two? Please call … “ SCREAM!!! That’s it for me. The gods are trying to tell me something.

As I stated before, I would love to have any or all of you come stay at our mountain home before or after the event if you would like to explore the region.

Randybuckner@aol.com

- Georgie - 07-30-2005

Lord have mercy, cck! You are one busy gal!

- Kcwhippet - 08-01-2005

Kat,

One last question before we take off, in line with WoW's question. Any direction on the dress code for dinners? Are we still on for the BBQ and "skeet shoot" on Sunday? Anything else we should be aware of on the schedule for the trip?