WineBoard
Emails for "Offline" - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Emails for "Offline" (/thread-20735.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- wondersofwine - 06-10-2005

We'll miss seeing you in person, CG. Hope your parents make it.

- Kcwhippet - 06-10-2005

Definitely.

- newsguy - 06-10-2005

sorry to hear you won't be making it CG. couldn't you maybe send your brother off to yosemite for the weekend? or any chance you could bring him to the offline? u can promise him it will be a weekend he'll never forget. er, better make that a weekend he'll never remember. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

- Kcwhippet - 06-10-2005

Not a bad idea, newsguy. Cg's little brother gave me a 2002 Duckhorn Napa Merlot and two 2002 Ancien PN's (Willamette and Mink Vyd.) for Christmas. So, he's not wine ignorant. Bring him with you, cg!

- californiagirl - 06-10-2005

Ah, but KC, you forget the reason he's coming here!! To see the little one's also!! Somehow, I don't think that'll work out so well. Hopefully, Dad and Judy will make it down here afterwords!!

- Bucko - 06-12-2005

Has anyone tried to call the inn? I called from Atlanta to confirm just before flying to Paris. They had no such group and had nothing listed for that weekend of Aug 5-7. Hopefully that has been taken care of by now. (I didn't have time to read all of the replies -- the connection at the Paris hotel is shaky). Home tomorrow.

- wondersofwine - 06-12-2005

I got my reservation. At first they thought there might be a problem staying over the Sunday night (August 7th) but the manager called back to say it was okay. If anyone else wants to stay over Sunday night and has a problem with the Inn at Horse Heaven, they might see if the Best Western in Prosser has rooms that night. (CCK says The Inn at Horse Heaven and the Best Western are under the same management.) There is also a Clarion Hotel and Conference Center in Richland that is very reasonably priced but that is further away from Prosser.

- newsguy - 06-14-2005

on the chance that anyone else attending this offline is a bruce springsteen fan like myself, it was just announced today that he will be playing solo shows in portland on wed. 8/10 and in seattle on thurs. 8/11. i'm going to try to arrange my schedule to make the portland show. anyone wanna go with me? my two most expensive hobbies are wine and going to springsteen performances.

- Glass_A_Day - 06-14-2005

Now that's a thought Newsguy. Let me mull that over...

- wondersofwine - 06-15-2005

I plan to fly out of Portland on the 9th but I did see a Springsteen concert in Charlotte a couple years ago. Great evening! I used to go to a chiropracter who was a big fan of the Boss. He went to the Charlotte concert, one in Greensboro, NC and one in NJ (his home state) with his brother and some of his office staff.

- Georgie - 06-15-2005

I went through Deal Elementary and Asbury Park High with his wife, Patti Scialfa. Never knew her to be a singer...guess she had a hidden talent!

- wondersofwine - 06-15-2005

I see Springsteen will be in Charlotte again on July 24th.

- newsguy - 06-15-2005

GAD: i saw springsteen on this tour back in may in D.C. and philly. the shows were amazing. believe me, you'll enjoy it.

georgie: some people might contend that patti still isn't a singer. personally, i like her voice, but admit that it is rather "unique." i spoke to her briefly down here last year at an equestrian event their daughter was competing in. patti was very nice.

WOW: tickets for the charlotte show go onsale this saturday at 10 A.M. below is the address of the ticketmaster page for the show. and if you're serious about getting tickets, e-mail me at keithrstclair (at) yahoo (dot) com if you'd like some tips to maximize your chances.
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E003ACDB953834B?artistid=736179&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 06-15-2005).]

- dananne - 06-15-2005

Wondersofwine --

Have you given thought to which wineries you're planning on visiting in Oregon before the offline? Anne and I have started to try mapping out an itinerary, and we've found that several we wanted to visit aren't open to the public at all (Beaux Freres, Ken Wright), and many more are only by appointment only (Bergstrom, Chehalem) and/or on holidays/weekends (which, of course, doesn't work for us, as we'll be there Tues-Thurs).

Of course, there are still too many for us to explore in the time we have, so I'm not terribly worried. Plus, many that we can't visit we can still taste at The Tasting Room in Carlton.

If anyone that has toured N. Willamette would like to offer visit suggestions, please feel free to chime in [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/smile.gif[/img]

- wondersofwine - 06-16-2005

Dan,
I haven't checked extensively which ones are open on weekdays. Chehalem is one I had some interest in but may write off--others include Argyle, Ponzi, Torii Mor (Torii Mor Tasting room is not open on Tuesday but I could visit it on Wednesday or Thursday), Ponzi (open without appointment), Patricia Green, Adelsheim. The Carlton deal is one place I would like to visit. Also Dundee Bistro owned by the Ponzi family has many area wines to sample. And the Oregon Wine Tasting Room on Highway 18 nine miles from McMinnville says they have 8 to 20 wines open for tasting at any one time. I'm more interested in tasting the wines (and maybe making some purchases) than in touring the wineries. Adelsheim provides tours by arrangement and tastings and seems to be open on Wednesday and Thursdays during the summer. If you are interested in a tour and/or tasting there possibly we could coordinate and go together. Let me know which ones you decide on.

- Kcwhippet - 06-16-2005

WoW and Dan,

Two more you may want to check out are Witness Tree and Willakenzie. Witness Tree usually has some kind of special going. Last time we were there they were selling off their Chard from two vintages previous that they still had in stock for 50% off with shipping at $10/case. Willakenzie is neat because the owner, Bernie Lacroute, and Judy sort of worked together in another life (in a galaxy far, far away). They also make some really decent wine.

- wondersofwine - 06-17-2005

KC, thanks for the tip. I was considering Willakenzie.

- stevebody - 06-27-2005

Guys,

I hate like sin to miss this but, the way things have worked out, we'll be exactly one week away from opening VinElla of Woodinville on that date. If we can possibly get away, we'll sure do it but I suspect that the alligators will be just about meancing our gluteus maximus by then. I will call the Inn and se if we can provisionally book a room. If they'll hold it with even a moderate fee for cancellations, I'll try to get there for at least a day.

Meanwhile, any of youse who are coming back through the Seattle area afterwards are welcome to stop off and see the new digs. We're at 13120 NE 177th Place, literally the first business to the left going into Woodinville off the first 522 Exit. The Woodcreek Center is the name of the shopping center and we're in the weird round part of the building, ground floor. We won't be open but should have most of the stock and fixtures in place and would be gld to arrange an impromptu dinner while you're in town.

If we don't make it, you guys have a blast! And tell me all about it here.

- hotwine - 06-27-2005

Have to join the group sensing kinks in their plans to attend the off-line. Had to take my 93-yr-old mom to the hospital back in early March, then to a nursing home for a period of re-hab, then back to the nursing home, where she's now a permanent resident in the assisted living wing. My daily routine now includes a trip to her home to pick up mail and check phone messages, then a visit with her, plus a check-in on business interests before returning home. That's a daily circuit of about 50 miles, and there's no end in sight. Free time is spent prowling the Texas Hill Country in search of property outside this danged tax-happy county, hoping to position us for a move when the time is right. And there's the ranch to see to.... can't seem to get there more often than once each month. Bottom line to the whining.... just don't see how a trip to WA can get wedged into this train wreck.

- wondersofwine - 06-27-2005

Sorry, you'll miss out again HW. Hope you can make it for a day Steve.