WineBoard
How many cases???? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: How many cases???? (/thread-20697.html)

- TheEngineer - 02-07-2009

I was reading a wien magazine and in one of the sections, a well known wine professional would note what his current favs were for the last little while. In this case, one of these writers noted that he liked this wine so much, that he's probably consumed about 15 cases of it this year.......

Now I like to drink as much as the next guy but, in my memory, there is only one one that I've consumed more than one case in a year and that was a Las Spinetta Moscato D'asti during a particularly hot summer....and that was only two cases..... how dahell does someone drink 15 cases of the same wine in a year....

So the question to youse guys is, what is the most of a single wine that you've consumed in a single year (not counting events, weddings, etc where yes, you open a ton of cases).

- Bucko - 02-07-2009

We easily go through 10 cases of Kim Crawford NZ SB a year -- tasty, easily available, food friendly. I tend to like variety though. I mix up the NZ SBs when available.

- VouvrayHead - 02-07-2009

We have had 2+ cases of Segura Viudas each of the last 2 years.
1.5 cases of Domaine du Pouy white gascogny in the last year, not including a case at wedding...

- Drew - 02-07-2009

When the 1997 Gallo Sonoma cab hit the shelves I know we consumed 3+ cases of it from 1999 to 2000. Twas hard to keep your hands off that one.

Drew

- winoweenie - 02-07-2009

I'm with Drew on the 97 Gallo (any vineyard). It's pretty easy for me to go thru my daily drinkers by the case as it's the one I use to give to the kids, grand-kids, neighbors, postmemn, yard men, etc. Think I've probably hit 8-`10 cases of the 05 Avalon easily this past year and looking forward to the 06 model. WW

- Kcwhippet - 02-07-2009

The most for us was 7 cases of the 1997 River Run Zin.

- Thomas - 02-07-2009

I lose count after 25 cases of anything...

- hotwine - 02-07-2009

I hate "true confessions", I'm such a guilty bugger. Five cases of House Wine Chardonnay this past year, will exceed that number with Botter Prosecco this year. Both used as a sipper before supper as well as with a meal of fish or chicken, and for entertaining. More egalitarian with reds.... most popular red has been the Avalon cab, but the Fuego Garnacha is right up there, too. Can see the Avignonesi Rosso di Montepulciano competing big-time in the popularity contest this year.

- TheEngineer - 02-07-2009

Wow....now I know I'm an amateur... [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Guess I just jump around too much. I consume many half cases and cases of wines from all over, occasionally I'll get stuck in a Rioja rut, a Burgundy binge or a something like that but that means I'm still jumping from producer to producer.

There have been temptations though, like the 05 Alain Grillot Croze Hermitage. I bought a couple of cases and within a couple of weeks, had finished one....the other is resting right now...stuck way back somewhere so I won't touch it for a while.

- andrawes76 - 02-08-2009

5 cases of the Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe Châteauneuf du Pape 89 vintage over one year. 2nd runner up 05 Perrin Vinsobres "Les Cornuds" Cotes du Rhone. I did 4 cases of that easy. I am a young wine drinker and anticipate that I will find "Eleanor" somewhere out there that will get me to the 10 case level...

[This message has been edited by Personal Wine (edited 02-08-2009).]

- Drew - 02-08-2009

[quote]Originally posted by hotwine:
[b] More egalitarian with reds.... [/b][/quote]

Very thought provoking....Another glass of Cabernet Comrade?

Drewski

- hotwine - 02-08-2009

Ummm..... not that kind of red.....

Forgot to mention that my numbers above were only for the last six months of last year; numbers prior to joining CellarTracker are unbeknownst.

- wondersofwine - 02-09-2009

I don't think I've consumed more than six bottles of any one wine in the past year (may be only three bottles.) Like Eng. I enjoy variety. Bedford Road Sauvignon Blanc (of the last couple vintages) has been a repeat. It's rare for me to order more than three bottles of a wine at a time (three bottles of Melville Pinot Noir from the winery, three bottles of Champy Bourgogne Rouge, etc.). There are some wines I would like to have 6-12 bottles on hand for trying over time, but they are usually too expensive for quantity purchases.

- Innkeeper - 02-09-2009

A week or so ago there was a test in the local paper prepared by Mirassau to determine what kind of "wine person" you were. All the questions were life style in orientation. I didn't find out until the end that all the questions were paired. If you answered yes to two questions in a row you associated yourself with a certain kind of wine. I yes/noed all the way through, which meant, they said, that I enjoyed a wide variety of wine. I went right out and bought a mixed case!

- Kcwhippet - 02-09-2009

Interesting because Mirassou has been owned by E&J Gallo for a few years now. The only Mirassous still associated with the winery are two of the kids who are only spokespeople - they're not involved in the grape growing, winemaking, marketing or anything at all related with the actual wine.

Not that it should make any difference whatsoever, but way back when, before I moved back to the frigid east coast, I worked with a lady who was a Mirassou. She had married a Wente, so it just goes to show (maybe just a bit) how incestuous the California wine industry is.

- dananne - 02-10-2009

We've probably had about a case of a few different wines within a calendar year, but we like to experiment and try new things. Last year, I'd guess the wine we had the most bottles of was the Gruet Blanc de Noirs, which might seem random, but we use it as a house white. I think sparkling wines are the most versatile pairing wines out there -- I can put a Gruet on the table with just about anything we eat.

- winophite - 02-28-2009

...now cases of beer on the other hand.... [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]
WP