WineBoard
Everybody say a prayer for IK as - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Everybody say a prayer for IK as (/thread-20657.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- winoweenie - 01-12-2008

Talked to the mighty Carl(IK) this AM and he gets the 2nd of 4 treatments of Chemo starting Mon. Showing loads of vigor and character under the circumstances. Hope all on the board lite a candle for him. WW

- TheEngineer - 01-12-2008

K E E P I T G O I N G C A R L ! ! !

Y E A H ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

- Glass_A_Day - 01-12-2008

You are in our thoughts Carl!!

- winoweenie - 01-20-2008

The mighty IK finished his 2nd go-round of chemo this week. Can't believe how great he sounds. This reprobate is kicking the living daylights outta the big "C". Almost made it sound like a walk in the park. ATTA-BOY!!!!! WW

- zenda2 - 01-20-2008

Good thoughts still going north on a regular basis. One of the fellows I read online has a column that's germane.

<A HREF = "http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23072494-5001031,00.html">Click for article</A>

[This message has been edited by Jackie (edited 01-27-2008).]

- Georgie - 01-24-2008

Keep up the god work, Carl! I love hearing good news!

- winoweenie - 01-27-2008

Wouldn't you jes' know it!!! IK has finished his radiation treatment and granulated Magnus Cum Laube on hims report card. Only 2 more sessions of Chemo to go and " Bye-Bye Big C ". WW

- TheEngineer - 01-27-2008

Carl,

Keep it going! Half way there! You cna beat this thing!

- Drew - 01-27-2008

We're so very pleased to hear continued good news with your treatment Carl.

Drew and Eileen

- winoweenie - 02-04-2008

Talked briefly with Carl yesterday and he's still on radiaton. Sounded fine but seems to be wearing down with all the teatments. Knowing his determination and will-power he'll put this ordeal on it's heels shortly. Know alla youse gals and guys will help with your thoughts and prayers. WW

- Innkeeper - 02-04-2008

Have finished radiation, but still recovering from it. Call it sunburn of the throut. Two chem treatments to go starting next Monday and then on March 10.

- TheEngineer - 02-04-2008

Almost there IK! Keep on going! You will beat it!

- hotwine - 02-04-2008

Sunburn of the throat doesn't sound like fun at all. Bless you Carl, you're in our prayers.

- Georgie - 02-04-2008

Hang in ther Carl! You're on the home stretch!

- mrdutton - 02-10-2008

Bless you IK......... you know that Carol-Lee and I always include you in our prayers. Darn Carl, I just kinda know you are gonna hang in there and continue to Kick A..!!

Wonders - you still wanna send that REAL CARD - email me (mrdutton@hotmail.com) and I'll pass Carl's snail mail address to you.

WW - you are so special, you provide support and comfort and encouragement all with a superb sense of humor and enthusiasim!

- Drew - 02-10-2008

Eileen and I continue to pray and think about you and Bev, Carl. Still look for you "minute man" postings...don't stop. and Mike, how are you and where have you been? You didn't take another trip to Baltimore and get captured this time did ya? Thinking about you also.

DRew

- winoweenie - 02-10-2008

Talked to the mity Carl today and he's definately feeling and sounding better. Starts the next to last round of Chemo Wednesday and then the last next week. The big "C" is definately yelping fer help. WW

- Bucko - 02-11-2008

This is no fun for sure from what I've seen. My heart goes out to him for his stoic approach.

Many patients get secondary yeast infections to add to their woes. Imagine ground glass in your mouth and throat -- you get the idea.

[This message has been edited by Bucko (edited 02-11-2008).]

- mrdutton - 02-14-2008

Drew - send me your email address and I'll update you, briefly! My "public" email is mrdutton@hotmail.com.

- winoweenie - 03-02-2008

Well the mighty IK is returning, slowly but surely, back to his usual jovial self. Sounded mush better yesterday than last week. Not too long to go on his ordeal, but as stated meeny times, the Innkeeper will kick the big Cs' patootie. WW