WineBoard
KC....Fer goodness sake tell - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: KC....Fer goodness sake tell (/thread-20652.html)

- winoweenie - 01-19-2010

me that Bobby wont do a summesault in his grave.......An elephant from Mass???????WW

- Kcwhippet - 01-19-2010

Lovin' it.

- hotwine - 01-19-2010

Aren't we all (lovin' it). There's hope for Taxachusettes after all.

- hotwine - 01-19-2010

Yee-haa! Congrats to the long-sufferin' folks of Taxaschusetts!

(The dancin' babe on stage at Scottie's HQ got my vote.)

- winoweenie - 01-20-2010

Congrats KC. Do you think tis mite give the Dems something to ponder? WW

- Kcwhippet - 01-20-2010

Let's hope so. Mid term elections are coming up in November, and this could be the start of a groundswell against the Democrats excesses. Interestingly, out of 77 towns and cities in Central Mass., 75 of them voted for Scott Brown. This might just be better than the Patriots winning the Super Bowl.

- Innkeeper - 01-20-2010

It was quite a victory. The folks over at Robin's board have quite a different take on it. One stalwart posted that the next things we can expect are:

Troops in Yemen!
Bomb Iran!
Spy on everyone!
Tax Cuts for wealthy heirs!
Prayer and Creationism in Schools!
Sarah for President!
Illegals in Concentration Camps!
everybody with at least six assault rifles!

- VouvrayHead - 01-20-2010

I'm so grossed-out (that's a technical term) by both parties at the moment. What's a guy to do? Oh well. Congrats if you're happy about it, my sympathies if you ain't. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

- wondersofwine - 01-22-2010

What are the Democratic excesses? Saving the country from a decade-long depression?

- Thomas - 01-22-2010

I'm staying outta this discussion--I swear.

Only to say that Coakley was the Attorney General who defended the MA law that barred out-of-state wineries from shipping direct to consumers in MA. I don't care which party she belongs to. For defending that legislation that was bought, she should have been paid severance and shown the door!

- Kcwhippet - 01-23-2010

WoW - I really don't want to debate these issues, but there are some things you should know. First, we are not in a decade long depression. The last depression occurred when WW was a lad. We are in a classically defined recession, which has come to full fruition since the Dems took control of Congress. Next, my major issues are with my retired status. Specifically, for the first time ever, there is no COLA for Social Security recipients, thanks to the Democrats. Medicare premiums have gone up (and will for a few more years according to the Dems in Congress) at a greater rate than ever before, again thanks to the Democrats. All this while the Congress voted themselves a COLA (which I believe amounts to about $3000 per year), once again thanks to the Democrats. If you look at the history of Social Security since its inception, you'll see that all the negatives came at the hands of the Democrats. I've talked to Verne about this, and he has volumes of data to back this up. I'm sure Gil probably has a few tales as well. So, that's where I'm coming from. I'm retired, I worked hard for many, many years, I contributed all those years into SS with the expectation that - as promised - I would get a reasonable return. So, I want to keep my money and I want a smaller government to leave me alone. That never has happened under Democrat control.

[This message has been edited by Kcwhippet (edited 01-24-2010).]

- winoweenie - 01-23-2010

+1...WW

- hotwine - 01-23-2010

Well said, Bob. I'm seeing declining income, declining net worth, rising expenses, and an out-of-control Congress that's leading us off a cliff. Brooms and pitchforks anyone?

We're becoming active politically for the first time ever by hosting a function next week for a young CONSERVATIVE candidate for Congress - God bless him, sure hope he makes it.

- winophite - 01-24-2010

..."smaller gov't to leave me alone"...I wish. Sadly, with our newly found/made, and increasing daily, national debt at the hands of our elected political nitwits...not going to get smaller in our lifetime. And whats this silly thought about keeping our monies for our own retirments. Oh and how about this thought, I couldn't afford a lot of fine wines this winter, so I only purchased what I could afford rather than spend money I didn't have. What a concept, eh? !
WP

- winoweenie - 01-24-2010

Now that REALLY SUCKZ!!!!!!!ww

- Kcwhippet - 01-24-2010

hotwine, That's how Scott Brown got started.