WineBoard
Only 4 more days till Vegas and off this stupid sabbatical. - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Only 4 more days till Vegas and off this stupid sabbatical. (/thread-20569.html)

- winoweenie - 01-27-2006

As most vets on the bopard know I'm very cranky whenced I deprive meself of a dram or 24 of my favorite liquid. Leaving Sunday afternoon for my week in Vegas. Am taking over a couple of cases of 97 cabs to consume with my bud at the Pamplemousse every nite. Will try to post what is going to be opened and if anyone has a particular bottle in their cellar there're wondering about post and I'll include it in the package and report back. Holy-Sweet-Potatoes these 4 'kaint go by fast enoufg. WW

- Innkeeper - 01-27-2006

Poor baby!

- wondersofwine - 01-27-2006

Have a great time in Vegas, ww. My boss didn't okay my attendance at a workshop there in December but I think Tahoe and Reno are more my type of places anyway.

- newsguy - 01-27-2006

WW: you're really going to be in vegas all next week? i ask cause i fly in friday morning feb. 3 for super bowl weekend. interested in meeting up somewhere? friday afternoon/early evening would probably be best time for me. let me know...

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 01-28-2006).]

- Innkeeper - 01-27-2006

Whoyer betten on Keitho

- winoweenie - 01-28-2006

Keith I e-d' you the info. Let me know if you haven't received it. Is Doc coming with you?. BPR, WW

- newsguy - 01-28-2006

IK: if i only have to give four points, i'm definitely taking the steelers. but if by the time i get there it's been bet up to six or more (which i think is definitely possible), i've gotta think hard about the seahawks. i see this as a close one.

WW: just e-mailed you back. hope to see you friday night. and nope, no doc.

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 01-28-2006).]

- winoweenie - 01-29-2006

Here's the line-up on the Vegas wines Newsie. Have no ideer what'll still be there Friday nite but something out of this group should still be available. I always give my dinner guests their choice of what's available. Here goes:
94 Staglin Rutherford Mag
94 Anderson Conn Vakkey Mag
95 Viader
95 Pride Spring Mtn
95 Flora Springs Trilogy
95 Joe Phelps Insignia
95 Joe Phelps Napa
95 Shafer SLD
95 Beaulieu Pvt. Reserve
95 Silver Oak Napa
97 Cafaro Napa
97 Titus Napa
97 Hess Collection
97 Quail Ridge Reserve Eisle
97 Robert Sinskey Reserve
97 Beaulieu Tapestry
97 Beringer Alluvium
97 Beaulieu Pvt. Reserve
97 Joe Phelps Insigniaa
97 Shafer Hillside Reserve
97 Flora Springs Trilogy
97 Mondavi Reserve
97 Silver Oak Napa
97 Viader
Should be something worth opening on Friday nite. Most of my buddies are red-necks from Georgia but I've managed over thew years to cut into their consumption of long-necks. Hopefully I'll see you in Vegas Keith. WW

- Innkeeper - 01-29-2006

If you forget to drink a couple of 'em you know where you can send them!!!

- californiagirl - 01-31-2006

Yikes ww!!! That's quite a line up!! Enjoy=)

- star21seed - 01-31-2006

Take a Vegas tip from a local, don't pay the cab drivers to take you to the strip club. (kick-back...ch-ching)

- newsguy - 01-31-2006

WW: my interview now will be on monday instead of friday, so i'm definitely available to meet your for dinner friday night. i will call you on your cell wednesday during my travels. and i'm drooling looking at that lineup. only two bottles i've had off there are the 95 insignia (one of the best wines i've ever tasted)and the 97 beringer alluvium, which i had two weeks ago and mentioned in my earlier e-mail. deee-liscious!

if your supply gets seriously hammered early in the week, let me know and i can grab youa few bottles in napa on thursday.

see you soon.

- newsguy - 01-31-2006

star: welcome to the board. if ya don't pay the cab drivers to take you, how do you get there? [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 01-31-2006).]

- winoweenie - 02-05-2006

Forgot about this thread. Newsie and I did indeed get together. I'll get my act together sometime today or in the morning and post on our Friday repast. WW

- Georgie - 02-06-2006

Welcome home.

- newsguy - 02-07-2006

just got back this morning, having taken the red-eye last night. (swear that's the last time i'm gonna take that flight, but it was the only one i could get a seat on.)

i wrote about our evening at pamplemousse for my column this week. can post a link to it by thursday. WW was as gracious a host as imagineable. even make me take the leftover wines with me. and yes, we actually did have some leftovers, although we did pop six bottles between us friday night. ;-)

WW: i'll e-mail you later to fill you in on the interviews.

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 02-07-2006).]

- winoweenie - 02-07-2006

Am posting over-views of wines drunkeded on the cab thread. Very Schetchy. WW