WineBoard
the vote tally - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: the vote tally (/thread-20560.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4


- Thomas - 07-20-2003 11:01 AM

The second--and more lucid--round produced the following results:

16 people voted
(2 people listed 2 instead of 3 choices, so the numbers will not add up)

Finger Lakes is the overwhelming first choice; 11 out of 16 picked it first.

11 out of 16 accept May 14-15 date (but not the same 11 who voted for Finger Lakes first)

Finger Lakes:
11 first choice, 3 second choice
Napa/Sonoma:
1 first choice, 10 second choice, 2 third
Denver:
3 first choice, 5 third choice
Chicago:
1 first choice, 2 second choice, 4 third
Kansas city:
1 second choice
St Louis:
3 third choice

Now, who takes it from here, and how so? Suggestions?

We have yet to hear from Glenora on the date, but I am sure Gene has been busy, as this weekend was the Finger Lakes Wine Festival.




[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 07-20-2003).]


- Georgie - 07-20-2003 09:00 PM

Well, it looks like we have chosen the place; perhaps we could find some alternate dates that would work for everybody and for Gene. How about some dates in early June? or during the summer?


- tandkvd - 07-21-2003 08:50 AM

Summer would work for me. My wife is a school teacher as well and their exams are in May.


- glenora - 07-21-2003 09:28 AM

Hi

It was a busy weekend in the Finger Lakes wine country--wine festival at Watkins Glen with 60+ wineries and several thousand people--jazz concert (Nelson Rangell) at Glenora.

May 14-15-16 works for us. I will put a block on some rooms. However it is a college graduation weekend so if we are not going to be needing them I would like to make them available for others as soon as possible.

We are looking forward to having the opportunity to meet many of you.

Gene


- Thomas - 07-21-2003 07:51 PM

Seems to me, the best way to proceed is to tell Gene who and how many will be there on that weekend--as quickly as possible.

After he is set with a number we can then organize an itinerary.


- Glass_A_Day - 07-22-2003 06:32 AM

Sounds great. I am in for sure. My ladyfriend will be at my side as well. I looked at the web site for Glenora and am now sure that this was a correct first choice!! [Image: smile.gif]


- Thomas - 07-22-2003 07:24 AM

I suppose I should have said count two in from here.

So far, that is 4.


- Innkeeper - 07-22-2003 08:05 AM

Count the two of us.


- Jackie - 07-22-2003 11:23 AM

It seems to me that we will have a hard time coming up with a number so far in advance. We also have no idea of the cost as yet, which may make a difference to some people.

I'd rather see us wait awhile and open it up to more participants than set the number now... It looks like only 20 or so could commit at this point.

I would like to know what the max. capacity is for accommodations.... and the approx. costs per night per person or couple (sans activities & meals, which we can determine later).


- Glass_A_Day - 07-22-2003 03:11 PM

If there are plentiful accomodations, I would add two to my count. I am fairly certain my sweethearts parents/wine gods would love a visit as well.


- Georgie - 07-22-2003 03:17 PM

Count two for me, also. But I think Jackie makes a good suggestion about details.


- Glass_A_Day - 07-22-2003 04:06 PM

I just checked dates. Now this weekend is bad for GAD. I didn't consider the whole graduation thing and my girl is graduating. I'll be watching to see if the date changes. I apologize for not paying closer attention before replying.


- quijote - 07-22-2003 08:24 PM

I hope and expect to attend, but I won't know for a while if I can get away that weekend. My partner would like to go as well, but he won't know until Spring 2004 if he can go....


- Thomas - 07-22-2003 09:26 PM

Jackie, Gene (Glenora) made an earlier offer to the group about staying at the Inn, et al. Also, It has been weeks now, enough time for everyone on the board to post his or her interest--those who have done so are those who are interested. Can't wait forever, can we?

Maybe it's a good idea for Gene to clarify his offer and we take it from there.

It is a cinch we are not going to please everyone. The best we can hope for is a date and a place that a number of us can agree on. If we continue to try to pin it down for everyone, it will never happen, which is why it has never happened.

Right now, we are onto a possibility--let's pursue it for all who can do it.


- glenora - 07-23-2003 06:08 AM

Glad to see there is intrest in visiting Finger Lakes Wine Country--Currently I am holding 16 rooms for the group--information/rates are listed on our website; www.glenora.com. I will offer a 10% discount on room rates for the group.

If more rooms are needed or other rates are desired I would be glad to have our events coordinator assist anyone who wants to go in that direction.

In terms of other costs--that is up to the "organizing committe". There will be no charges for tours (other than transportation if needed), and tastings. We can arrange wine dinners and other events to fit the groups budget--basically tell us what you want and we will make it happen.

For those not familiar with the Finger Lakes region--there are over 70 wineries located here, most within an 45-60 minute drive from Glenora--there is something for everyone.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

Gene


- hotwine - 07-23-2003 07:01 AM

OK, add two more - Gil & Debra Smith. I'll send an email to the Inn regarding reservations.


- Thomas - 07-23-2003 07:07 AM

My hazy head counts 12 commitments at this point, and a few maybes. Looks like the 16 rooms Gene has reserved will be used.

Believe me guys, you will love the region. Just a few days ago I had some time off--spent it in the Finger Lakes. On my return to NYCity, I drove past Glenora; the setting is fantastic.

Incidentally, Gene mentioned "organizing committee" in his post. We will need such a thing. I am willing to get involved on that end, but only AFTER we solidify commitments and reservations with Glenora.

Without doubt, the group must dine at Glenora at least once--the chef is good and so the food is too. We can also arrange a dinner and some lunches at other wineries that have restaurants.





[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 07-23-2003).]


- ShortWiner - 07-23-2003 07:51 AM

Count my wife and I in! Can't wait. Are we at the stage where we should call Glenora and make reservations?


- dananne - 07-23-2003 08:09 AM

Anne and I should be able to make it. However, her law firm has their annual litigation group retreat tentatively scheduled for the following weekend. If that date got changed, it could throw a monkey wrench into things, but for now we look to be a go! Can't wait!


- Kcwhippet - 07-23-2003 09:53 AM

Foodie,

You can count me and Judy in the total.

As for the date, it appears there are a number of folks with school related issues that would like to attend but apparently can't because of the date. Can we do another poll to see what dates around that time period would be more amenable to the majority? It looks like we'd get a larger attendance if the event were planned for two weeks later - 28 May. Judy and I will be there regardless of the date.