WineBoard
Wines we drank over the long weekend - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Wines we drank over the long weekend (/thread-20541.html)

- Kcwhippet - 09-04-2007

NONE!!! Not a one!! We had Judy's sister and BIL visiting from the Buffalo area for the past week (they left this morning). Sunday most of her relatives were over for a cook out. Not a one of them likes wine, and almost all of them don't drink anything. Those that do drink go for cheap beer - the BIL from Buffalo particularly favors Genesee Cream Ale, and another is partial to Coors Light. Since wine seemed to be out, I had several different really nice brews that Judy and I drank.

However, today's a new day - it's our anniversary! After entertaining relatives for over a week, Judy wants to stay home and grill the best rib eyes I can find along with some huge baked potatoes and a salad. With that she wants the biggest Cab in the cellar, and I'm am so more than willing to accomodate. Life with Judy is so good.

- hotwine - 09-04-2007

Happy anniversary to you two. If you don't have another source, and you do have a Costco nearby, highly recommend their ribeyes - two inches thick and the marbling is just right. Great flavor, esp. when cooked over oak.

- Kcwhippet - 09-04-2007

Thanks for the good wishes, Gil. I wish we had a Costco local to us, but we don't. I was thinking of trying the Whole Foods. They have some decent meat, and though the prices may be a bit higher Judy is most definitely worth it. Verne can vouch for that.

- Innkeeper - 09-04-2007

Our very best happy wishes to you and Judy.

- Georgie - 09-04-2007

Congratulations you two lovebirds!

- wondersofwine - 09-04-2007

Happy Anniversary!
My neighbors had a happy anniversary sign attached to the railing of their patio yesterday so they may be a September 3rd couple. (My parents anniversary was Sept. 12, the same day as Jackie and John F. Kennedy.

- dananne - 09-04-2007

Anne and I send our congratulations and our best wishes on a wonderful day.

- winoweenie - 09-04-2007

Happy Annie there Bobby-Poo. Give that sweet Judy a big hug for CB and meeself. Have 4 1&1/2 lb 2-inchers in the freezer for CBs and my annie the 18. Life be good. WW

- TheEngineer - 09-05-2007

Happy anniversary!!

- brappy - 09-05-2007

Happy anniversary! What did you pick?

- Kcwhippet - 09-05-2007

Dinner was grilled rib eyes, baked potatoes w/fixins, small salad and fresh ciabatta. Went with the 1998 Lewelling Wight Vineyard, and it was perfect.

We had a pint of blueberries left over from the weekend, so I made some clafouti and we paired it with a 2004 Quady Elysium. Yum!!!

- wondersofwine - 09-05-2007

Hey, KC (Bob), I've been wanting to make plum or other fruit clafouti. How about sharing your recipe?

- Kcwhippet - 09-05-2007

Easy. Put 1 1/2 pints of fruit on the bottom of an 8 inch square Pyrex baking dish. Whisk 4 eggs in a bowl and incorporate the sugar until it thickens. Add the milk and vanilla to combine, then the flour and pinch of salt. Pour over the fruit and bake at 350 for about 45 minutes. That's it!!

- Drew - 09-06-2007

Sounds great but how much sugar, milk, vanilla, flour etc?

Drew

- Kcwhippet - 09-06-2007

Sorry bout that!!

1 1/2 pint blueberries (or whatever)
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
pinch salt

- wondersofwine - 09-06-2007

Thanks, KC!