WineBoard
Wedding!!!!! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Wedding!!!!! (/thread-20265.html)

- Kcwhippet - 11-02-2009

Well, yesterday was Georgie's wedding to Tom. I'm thinking they're having a really good time about now.

Judy and I hope they have as wonderful a life as we've had.

- andrawes76 - 11-03-2009

Congratulations Georgie! Thanks for the update KCW!

- winoweenie - 11-03-2009

Congrats sweet Teach! Tell Tom-boy we'll be watching his every move. XX&OOs. WW

- hotwine - 11-03-2009

Congrats to Georgie and Tom! May all of their problems be little ones!

- wondersofwine - 11-03-2009

Happy for you Georgie. Good things come to those who wait.

- Innkeeper - 11-03-2009

Congrats from Bev and I.

- TheEngineer - 11-03-2009

Congrats and best wishes for your life ahead Georgie!

- Georgie - 11-04-2009

Thank you one and all! Yes, I am a married woman now, tryng to get used to a new last name. 'Taint easy! The wedding went fine, and I think everyone enjoyed the wines you helped me select. I think the most popular was one I threw in at the last minute...sangria. We had a "stations" sort of menu that was great. We started with a big antipasta station that had all sorts of Italian goodies on it ( prociutto, fresh mozzarella, roasted peppers, marinated mushrooms, artichoke hearts and other things I can't remember.) An hour of passed hors d'ouvres that were heavenly. There were about 15 different items and sushi, too. Theh came out three stations....a "Make Your Own Pasta" with several different kinds of pasta, four or five different sauces and toppings, broccoli, etc., a taco-fajita station, and a carving station with delicious roast beef and pork loin stuffed with a spinach-pine nut stuffing, green beans almondine, fresh green salad,rolls, gravy...dessert was wedding cake, Italian pastries, and bananas Foster. I didn't really get to see or taste everything because I was busy gabbing to the guests, but I keep hearing how good it all was. Our ceremony was lovely...a little unusual. My husband isn't so good on his feet, having been a polio victim as a toddler, so we walked together into the sanctuary from the side "overflow' room and stood at the base of the chancel stairs and faced the congregation. Sister dear and our male organist (and dear friend) sang a duet of "The Gift of Love". Everything was just perfectly the way we wanted it! I wish you al1 could have been there! We're leavig today on a little honeymoon trip to our favortie get-a-way place, Lancaster County, PA.

- winoweenie - 11-04-2009

Sounds like a super menu put on by an even superior lady. My very best to the both of youse. WW

- hotwine - 11-05-2009

Very, very nice, Georgie-grl! All the best to youse guys!

- Thomas - 11-05-2009

Bon voyage to PA, Georgie, and good fortune ahead, I'm sure.