WineBoard
Mea Culpa - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Mea Culpa (/thread-20205.html)

- winoweenie - 07-24-2000

Can`t remember the thread where the original discussion of the Sutter Home , Merlot Rose took place. Looked for it to no avail...sOOOOOO.Randy, Forgive my snide remark. I was in San Diego this week and wanted to picnic on the beach.Got half a BBQ Chicken,cole slaw, roasted potatoes with garlic,olive-oil dill, and.................( a bottle of Gulp of merlot Rose ). O.K. IK and Foodie, Go ahead I can take it. I can actually say I enjoyed the meal a lot, and even discounting the ocean-effect, was delighted with the pairing. I did bring a bottle of 94 Rabbit Ridge Reserve Zin just in case.Whoever said confession is good for the soul was crackers. Hope this gets edited by the moderators and erased. Oh, the shame of it all! Winoweenie

- Innkeeper - 07-24-2000

The thread you are looking for WW regarding SMRW (Silly Merlot Rose' Wine) is under For The Novice, 07/09/00.

- Drew - 07-24-2000

I didn't realize you were an alter boy WW, Sister Mary Catherine would be proud....( I think?) I'll bet you started like I did, finishing off the left over wine in the cruets after weekday mass!!!

Drew

- winecollector - 07-24-2000

It sounds like someone put some sand in that picnic lunch of yours, Winoweenie! Oh, its a sad day, as dozens of Californian vineyards try to figure out what they're going to do now with all those cabernet grapes this year!

Perhaps Innkeeper should e-mail you a honorary WITHSTAND membership card?

- winoweenie - 07-24-2000

WC, Don`t sell the stocks yet. It was a aberration that won`t happen again until the next Black Snow here in Phoenix. WW

- winecollector - 07-25-2000

Try not to scare me like that again, Winoweenie! I thought I was going to have to start looking for a new mentor! I think Bucko's the only other person on here that opens up anywhere near as many bottles as you do. As far as Foodie or Innkeeper, well what can I say?

- Thomas - 07-27-2000

I cannot wait for the hundreds of White Caberent Sauvignon that Winoweenie will confess over.

Do not worry about me ww, I once liked a Zinfandel produced by Coturri....

- winoweenie - 07-31-2000

Foodie, Coturri brings back some nasty memories. This is the only vineyard in my many yars of drinkin` `sperience that sucessfully " Sand-bagged " me on a wine. Can`t remember the year ( I`ll Go Back & Relay later ) , but stopped by their new vineyard in the valley, tasted a wonderful cab and ordered a case. They asked me to pick it up the next day. When I got home I was beaming to my drinking buddies about this marvelous new find. Eagerly we opened a bottle..Pure Swill! Got on the phone and was informed they took it from another barrel. Only bottled AFTER they sold the wine.Never before, never since have I run into this. Winoweenie

- winoweenie - 07-31-2000

The Coturri Cab was their 1st vintage 1979, Glen Ellen. Can`t publish my tasting notes as I had a far more colorful vocabulary back then. Made me blush jes` to read them suckers. Basically, the wine tasted like a watered-down port. Kinda` funny Now. Winoweenie