WineBoard
Update - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Update (/thread-20152.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Innkeeper - 11-15-2007

We received some great news yesterday. After going though many tests to make sure the cancer had not spread or originated elsewhere, we had our first meeting with a surgeon. He came right out and stated that I was a good candidate for Minimally Invasive Esophagectomy which means they get in robotically without opening me up completely.

Before the day was over I had an appointment at Yale University Hospital with Dr John Federico for November 26. If all goes well he can possibly do the procedure the next day. In the meantime Dr Federico has ordered, you guessed it, more tests. I’ve been poked, prodded, and bewildered.

I have a cousin who lives in Trumbull, CT and she has invited Bev to stay there while I’m at Yale. Strange way to finally get into Yale!

- Georgie - 11-15-2007

This came as a shock to me. God bless you, Carl!

- Kcwhippet - 11-15-2007

This sounds very promising, IK. We wish you the best of luck.

- winophite - 11-15-2007

Sounds like great news indeed! Bet wishes for a speedy recovery. WP

- hotwine - 11-15-2007

Great news, Carl! Best wishes.

- winoweenie - 11-15-2007

Way to go IK. Figured you'd kick patootie on the snivelling lil' c sucker. BPR, WW

- TheEngineer - 11-16-2007

IK, Great news! Good luck with the Surgury. So you are down in New Haven?

- zenda2 - 11-16-2007

Best wishes, I'll raise a glass to a speedy recovery. In fact, I'll raise two.

- Drew - 11-16-2007

Wonderful news, IK, we're still praying...

Drew

- wondersofwine - 11-16-2007

Great news! Hope the surgery and the prayers do it.

- Jackie - 11-16-2007

Excellent news! Minimally invasive is good.

J.

- Bucko - 11-16-2007

Good thing they don't have to open you up -- we'd never get all of them demons back in ya -- they'd be scurrying all over the place putting a blight of the eastern seaboard.

- newsguy - 11-21-2007

i've been off the boards a while because of a new job and a cross-country move, but took a peek here today and saw this post...

i'm terribly sorry to hear about your original news IK, but it seems this update is very good news, indeed. please keep us posted, and you and Bev will be in our prayers on turkey day.

- Innkeeper - 11-21-2007

Thanks Keith; and where in the blazes are you now?

For all: Have a great Thanksgiving and we leave for New Haven on Monday.

- newsguy - 11-21-2007

IK: i've left our nation's capital (and my hometown) for the city of angels, los angeles. started my new job (with the associated press) last week. it's good to be back in SoCal -- and so close to so much great wine. already did some tasting up in santa barbara area. have lots of TNs backing up; will resume posting soon.
in the meantime, happy thanksgiving to all!

[This message has been edited by newsguy (edited 11-22-2007).]

- TheEngineer - 11-21-2007

Nice post NG! Good luck with the new job!

- Kcwhippet - 11-22-2007

NG - Caligirl is my daughter, not IK's. So, it would be Judy and me who would be meeting you. However, IK has been known to travel in the Monterey area.

- newsguy - 11-22-2007

[quote]Originally posted by Kcwhippet:
[b]NG - Caligirl is my daughter, not IK's. So, it would be Judy and me who would be meeting you. However, IK has been known to travel in the Monterey area.[/b][/quote]

DOH! I knew THAT! My apologies to IK, KC, CG and all affected parties. My limited memory is clogged right now for all the new job stuff. Sorry.

- wineguruchgo - 11-23-2007

So glad to hear about the minimally invasive surgery! That is awesome news! You will be in my thoughts and prayers this coming Monday. I know you are going to come through this with flying colors!

PS - love the line about you finally getting into Yale! Pretty funny! Glad to see you have your sense of humor about this.

- Innkeeper - 11-26-2007

Bye for a while. Bev will post results.