WineBoard
Can You Name These WineBoard Members? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Talk With Your Moderators (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Can You Name These WineBoard Members? (/thread-20139.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- mrdutton - 10-26-2000

To those of you who want the answer, it just might be that it is available right here on the wine board.

There was a posting not long ago........... about a meeting of the bodies and minds........

Find that posting and you might have the names. Then you have to match the names to the faces in the picture.

I think I know two of the four, but I'll shut-up and say nothing further.

- hotwine - 10-26-2000

Hmmmm....Foodie, CCK, Scoop & RAD?

- Jackie - 10-26-2000

Hotwine,

You are SOOO close. Three of the four names are right.... Two of the three right names are in the right places (positions) at the table.

Need more hints?

Jackie

- mrdutton - 10-26-2000

Left to right: Foodie, Scoop, IK and RAD.

I may have Scoop and RAD out of order, but I think I have Foodie and IK pegged.

CCK? I don't think so. Isn't CCK in Germany?

- Innkeeper - 10-27-2000

Bingo!

- Thomas - 10-27-2000

Give that man an oak tree, a California winemaker and some Chardonnay to ruin... .

Now, guess who paid the bill that night!

- RAD - 10-27-2000

You mean there was a bill???!!! [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

RAD

- Jackie - 10-27-2000

MrDutton got 'em. The WineBoard members in the photo are (left to right):

Foodie, Scoop, Innkeeper, and RAD.

- winecollector - 10-27-2000

Do I win anything for pointing out that it was the WITHSTAND members board meeting? Scoop, how could you go to the other side like this? This is going to cost you your annual alotment of Vietti! (heeheehee, I'm back guys!)

- Innkeeper - 10-27-2000

Dutton wins the oak, now the rest of the story:

We met, after a lot of precoordination at or about 6 PM on October 3 at Enoteca I Trulli. Bev and I got there early so I left her with the bartender, and went to check out their wine store, Vino, down the street. It is very nice with all Italian wines organized by region. They will have a website up early in November. Price are reasonable. Back at the wine bar, Foodie arrived with Anne, then Scoop and RAD. Their wives were both still working. The six of us had a round or two of nice Italian wines, and then decided not to hock our rolling stock to have dinner there. They were very nice to us though, allowing Bev and I to stow all our day's purchases behind the bar.

RAD suggested Les Halles Bistro around the corner, and called and found out they had room for us. So RAD picked up the bill (heh, heh) and we beat feet for the bistro. It is on Park Avenue South not Lexington as we previously reported to Jackie. It was a terrific place, despite the address. Understand it's mobbed on weekends. Complete dinners could be had from around $15.00. Of course we had to have a little more vino. Foodie found a Red Sancerre on the wine card, so we started with that while Bev took the first two pictures. After the entrees arrived, Scoop and I were asked to pick a Rhone for the next round. We found a Guigal Gigondas that all agreed on. Both wines were very bistrolike and nice. We had a round of varied dessert wines with dessert, and excused RAD from the bill.

Having heard from all since we got home, know that a good time was had by all. Highly recommend getting together with other Wine Board members when the opportunity arises. Even though we were of different ages and occupations, we found we had a lot in common besides wine. Bev did take another picture after the dessert wine. Maybe Jackie will replace the current picture with that one!

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 10-27-2000).]

- RAD - 10-27-2000

I'll second IK's motion about some of you getting together to meet the other fine folks on this board. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting IK, Foodie, and Scoop.

I suggest an annual tasting event somewhere!

RAD

- mrdutton - 10-27-2000

I'll take the chardonnay, a French or Italian wine maker and please, no oak trees.........

What is really interesting is that Drew, IK and I keep trodding around the same ground, but we just can't seem to get the 'twain to meet.

Even though IK is in Maine, Drew is in Bal'more and I am in Virginia Beach, we all seem to end up in OC, Bethany or Rehoboth but never at the same time.

One of these days at the Rusty Rudder we should all converge at the same time. From there we could travel to better spots for better drink and food.......... The Hobbit for instance......... or even Angelo's (if they are still open).

This February for my birthday, we are going to Nags Head, NC, for a long weekend. Then in March we'll be taking the entire month off for a trip to New Port Richey, FL (just north of Tampa - Bern's here we come!!). So if anyone of you is in the vacinity - let us know by e-mail, maybe we could join-up.

- winecollector - 10-28-2000

I don't know how convenient this would be for some of you guys, but I would be willing to consider hosting a get together possibly sometime in late spring or early next summer in the Pittsburgh area. I think it would be kind of a middle ground for those of you on this side of the country anyway. If anyone is interested, let me know.

- Thomas - 10-28-2000

IK's description of the night failed to mention the dancing girls with purple grape motif at the after-hours club, not to mention the dancing guys for the two wives brave enough to join us. Just wanted to whet everyone's appetite for a future gathering.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting the guys (already had a few get-togethers with Scoop beforehand). We even managed that night to disagree about a few wine matters!

- chittychattykathy - 10-29-2000

Hotwine,
Just for the record: I am not "just pretending" to be a female. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img] CCK

- Innkeeper - 10-29-2000

CCK, maybe Hotwine thought you spent a night in New York in drag on your way to Europe. His other guesses were pretty good, although he obviously had no idea of Scoop's age! Welcome home.

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 10-29-2000).]

- mrdutton - 10-29-2000

>>CCK? I don't think so. Isn't CCK in Germany?<<

I was gonna say something about CCK's female side, but I figured just about most of us know that CCK is a full fledged, honest to goodness womanly, female, SHE.............

Welcome back from Germany! Hope you post a detailed travelog for us!!

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 10-29-2000).]

- Bucko - 10-29-2000

I'm telling you, I HAVE seen this same photo on the Post Office bulletin board.

Bucko

- hotwine - 10-29-2000

Apologies to CCK and Scoop! I knew this cheesey old monitor would get me into trouble someday! And you're right, I didn't have any idea about Scoop's age. And CCK, I BELIEVE that you're all woman! Welcome back. Now where's that trip report?

- chittychattykathy - 10-29-2000

Was reading the postings on here very early this morning as I woke up at 5am. Just starting my sleep rehab from the trip. I am currently scanning pix for a photo-point posting so some family and friends can view some of the trip. If anyone is interested I guess I could post the address. Will start to type a report later this week. I wish I could send through cyber-space a glass of 'Monchhof, Erdener Treppchen, Riesling Spatlese, 1990" to each of you. I know it could change some minds, (it is not for sissy girls and boys) & it's a great example for newer wine drinkers as to how well (great) Rieslings can age!