WineBoard
pirramimma cabernet sauvignon '99 - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: pirramimma cabernet sauvignon '99 (/thread-19055.html)

Pages: 1 2

- libby_m_jordan - 03-14-2002

Hello mr dutton, sorry the pun sailed way over my head- care to elaborate, my friend?
Regards
Lib xxx

- mrdutton - 03-14-2002

I said:

>>A bit of a toothy red from South America. Watch out for this one, it will sneak up on you and bite you when you least expect it!<<

the name of the wine: pirramimma

I was thinking: piranha

Sorry, stupid eh?

- winedope - 03-14-2002

no, Mr. D- it was kinda cute. Sorry I didn't catch it before!

- libby_m_jordan - 03-15-2002

Actually, that wasn't bad MrD.. quite amusing (lost on moi, unfortunately!)
lib xxx

- wondersofwine - 03-15-2002

I didn't get it until you mentioned "pun"--then I went back and figured it out.
Libby, what kind of things does a marine biotechnologist (if there is such a word)do?
Are they involved with restoring health to the oceans? If so, you go girl!

- wondersofwine - 03-15-2002

Forgot to mention--I've visited Edinburgh once and really liked the city. I think it was there that I tried a peaty single-malt scotch in a hotel lounge and they asked if I wanted it straight up or on ice. I said "straight up" and they told me I could come back again the next day (right answer).
On another trip I took a Cook's bus tour around Scotland and we visited the Highlands, Inverness, Ullapool, etc. Great trip. Our small bus had passengers from England, Canada, Belgium, South Africa, Argentina and few Americans.

Yes.. Ediburgh is a nice city, albeit a bloody cold one!
I don't hug dolphins for a living (unfortunately) but actually work with marine bacteria, looking at taxonomy and also their biotechnological applications.
lib xxx

- mrdutton - 03-15-2002

Yeah one place on earth where drinking red wine at room temperature means the wine has a bit of a chill on it!

Spent a month at Holy Loch back in the days when the subs were there.

The local hotel had a nice cozy bar there. They took a liking to me because I drank my whiskey straight-up.

HI
Am not really that fond of whisky, but love Jack Daniels!
Scotland is great but I really could do with a bit of sunshine to be honest. Think I suffer from seasonal affective disorder (or seasonal DEFECTIVE disorder!!!) which no amount of alcohol can cure at present.
Oh for a bit of sunshine.....
lib xxx

- winoweenie - 03-15-2002

We have just a scoch to spare here in beautiful, sunny Phoenix. However, I lost my export license. WW

- mrdutton - 03-15-2002

Libby, I'm a Jack Daniels fanatic! Anytime you decide to travel west and visit the US of A let me know.

You can come visit us here in Virginia and we'll be glad to ply your taste buds with massive quantities of Jack along with some veggies and some burgers off of the grill out in the back yard.........

- libby_m_jordan - 03-16-2002

HI
That's very sweet of you Mr Dutton. Glad that somebody else loves J.D. I am getting very bad, as I like to have it late at night with hot milk, if I can't sleep. It is so warming and soothing.
I don't know whether you have tried (or can even acquire over in the U.S) a 1999 shiraz produced by VOYAGERS estate (in Australia). It is so lovely and is 14% to boot! I have been using that to 'drown my sorrows' since my boyfriend has obviously undergone a frontal lobotomy (spelt appallingly, no doubt) and has decided to stop calling me. Instead, preferring to go out and get suitably inebriated with his friends all the time. Anyway, as the saying goes "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy").
Regards
Lib xxx

- skogkatt - 03-16-2002

Good work folks, I've enjoyed myself the past several evenings with the previous postings. KC: thanks again for the link to my cornbeef question. Also, when in our local supermarket (close to Bucko's office) this AM I noticed several cases of Pirramimma Petit Verdot, Cabernet and Merlot. About $13/bottle.