WineBoard
Wow! I found you guys again! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Wow! I found you guys again! (/thread-18795.html)

- wineguruchgo - 06-17-2007

After a year and an infamous computer crash I have finally found you again.

This is not an easy site to find! I stumbled upon it years ago and forgot where you guys were hidden.

For some reason I remembered the "Jerry's Kid" section and voila!!

So I did move to Sacramento and I did open a gift shoppe, but the uptight City of Sacramento won't let me open a wine shoppe!

So, I've opened a wonderful little Gift Shoppe and during my down time I am beginning my serious study for my advanced MS test.

I'm not sure if any of the "old timers" remember me, but I sure have missed you guys.

Like the Govenator says "I'll be back"

wgc

- Innkeeper - 06-17-2007

Sure we remember you and missed you too wgc. Hope the shop is a big success. Thought that CA CA was easy going and accommodating about wine!

- Kcwhippet - 06-17-2007

Welcome back. Where's your shop? Californiagirl is local to you, and she wants to open a wine shop, too.

- dananne - 06-17-2007

Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your wine shop plans hitting a snag, but good luck with the gift shop, and good luck on the MS studying.

- winoweenie - 06-17-2007

Velchomme back ole' WCG. Thot maybe 'twere sumpin I said that drove youse away. Hope all goes well there in Cap-City. Used to travel the area and had lots of fun there. WW

- wineguruchgo - 06-17-2007

Thanks everyone! I thought Cali would be eager for people to open a wine shop too!

Go figure! No such luck!

I actually found a winebar/bistro that was for sale in Caligirls neck of the woods and they had it posted on craigslist for $49K including the build-out and fixtures. I thought it was a great deal because it also included the license.

When I got the there the guy hands me a sheet of paper from his accountant telling me they now want me to assume all of their debts totalling $273K! After I stopped laughing I said "I paid cash to open my store. I won't assume my own debts, I'm certainly not going to assume yours".

Too bad. It would have been really cute!

- wondersofwine - 06-18-2007

Welcome back WGC. Sorry you weren't able to open a wine shop but good luck with the gift shop. If you have a website for it or get to the point where you are selling over the web, post under the Advertising/Promotion thread and maybe we can order some gifts through your shop. In the meantime, we would appreciate your tasting notes or reports on California wineries you might visit.

- wineguruchgo - 06-18-2007

Right now I am selling on Ebay because it's the largest way for me to attract people. Websites are great but unfortunately it's really hard for people to find you. Unless you know the website you are looking for you will end up on page 40 of a google search.

I will take your advice and post a link under the promotion section. Thanks for the tip!

I will certainly post about any wineries that I visit.

- Jackie - 06-30-2007

Glad you found us again. Welcome back. I am interested in what sort of gift baskets you're offering. Maybe we can collaborate...

Jackie

- wineguruchgo - 07-01-2007

Hello Jackie,

Currently I don't offer gift baskets but it doesn't mean I can't!

feel free to email me: rcgifts@gmail.com