WineBoard
Need a Little help - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Need a Little help (/thread-18541.html)

- Loop - 01-01-2001

Ok I have a question.. My 2 year anniversy is coming up and I wanted to surpise my wife with a nice dinner and a real nice red wine.. A wine that taste sweet and smooth.. If you can help me out with the name of the wine and price I would really apperciate it..

Thank you

- Drew - 01-01-2001

Welcome Loop, what might you be thinking about serving for dinner...it'll help with the recommendations.

Drew

- Loop - 01-02-2001

It would be home made spaghetti and thnk you.

- mrdutton - 01-02-2001

Get yourself a wine from Tuscany in Italia, assuming that your pasta will have a tomato based sauce..........

Sorry to complicate the issue, but when serving pasta one must also consider the sauce when selecting the wine. (I would not serve the same wine with pasta and red sauce as I would serve with pasta and pesto.)

I won't even try to suggest one. That is not my department. Look for postings from Roberto or Foodie, email either of them and ask for their suggestions.

Roberto has a nice, small establishement (grin) on the west coast. Foodie has a nice wine shop on the east coast in NYC.

- Bucko - 01-02-2001

Furthermore, to complicate the issue further, sweet and spaghetti do no go together, at least not in my mind. I'll defer to others.

Bucko

- Loop - 01-03-2001

Yes it is a red sauce.. Plus the wife like the sweet stuff thats why I said that. I kinda need something that I can order online and get it shipped if you happen to know a url, and thank you guys for your help..

- barnesy - 01-03-2001

Where do you live? There are lots of sites that only ship to certain areas. Without further information, www.popswine.com

Go to their Italian section and look for a chianti classico from 98. They will be inexpensive, and will go well with the pasta and red sauce. If you wish, give them a call and ask for a soft chianti. They will pick one that is good. I have served soft chianti with italian food to people who only drink white zin and they loved it. Good luck,

Barnesy

- Loop - 01-03-2001

Thanks alot I live in Texas and in a small town I didnt really feel like driving a ways to find the wine. Thank you alot

- Bucko - 01-03-2001

Texas is a felony state. Do you know what SOL means? }:>

Bucko

- Loop - 01-04-2001

Actually only in parts I recently bought a bottle for new years just wasnt a very good one..hehehe. There is a Liquor about 30 minutes away from me, but being new at this wine searching I have no clue on what to get thats why I asked.

- Bucko - 01-04-2001

I'm talking about shipping into Texas -- no store or winery wants to do it. You are stuck with local offerings.

Bucko

- chittychattykathy - 01-05-2001

So, where in texas are you? Please and thank you.

- Loop - 01-05-2001

I live in a town called Mineral Wells bout 45 minutes away from Fort Worth, and thats just great gonna haveta find something else then thank you...