WineBoard
CENSORSHIP!!!!!!! (The Wine Thought Police) - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: CENSORSHIP!!!!!!! (The Wine Thought Police) (/thread-16799.html)

Pages: 1 2

- CaptainWino - 03-08-2002

To whomever is responsible for having my comments removed:
I realize that this is a wines forum & that we, posting comments, ought to be "on the subject", responsible & mature, BUT I think it's really lame & stuffy to be having my comments removed from this board.
I may be a bit silly. My comments may have some off color humor. Heck!,, I may even make some folks sick, but Hey that's just me.
I've never posted anything offensive, harassing, threatening, lewd, or mean spirited. I haven't used any slurrs, cusswords, names or anything else that might hurt, or offend anybody. I may have mentioned "urine". I think I may have even mentioned "vomit". I know,,It's kinda gross but BIG DEAL! It's fun to be out of place. I'll even bet there are members who got a little laugh out of my comments. I nearly peed myself when writing my first one. I guess I'm my biggest fan.
Anyway, CaptainWino promises to be sensitive & follow the rules. I'm a very nice & likable guy. Super easy to get along with. If you are offended by my comments & feel they need to be removed, don't be afraid to e-mail me & tell me what' up. I wanna know what you're finding objectionable. 'Till then, I'm gonna play on from time to time. If you don't like me because I'm not as serious as you think people ought to be,,, GET OVER IT!!!!! You're a big whiny baby who takes life too seroiusly. If the community agrees with whomever is keeping my messages unseen, I'll accept 10 e-mails from *registered members* stating disaproval of my conduct & I'll never post another message. I'll never visit this website again. I promise!
Sincearly
CaptainWino
God Bless

- Thomas - 03-09-2002

Huh! I suppose I missed something...

- Jackie - 03-09-2002

I missed this too. We are usually not thin skinned here... Pls. try again.

- RAD - 03-09-2002

Howdy Cap,

I'm a registered member and have been around these parts for awhile. I just did a search by author of your posts, and saw nothing objectionable. To what are you referring?

RAD

- CaptainWino - 03-09-2002

If you do a search by author, you'll find two of my posted topics won't open.
"Wine & Good Health" and a response to "Wine vs. Beer" lasted less than 24 hours. They both posted successfully but both have since vanished.
"Wine & Good Health" was pretty dad gum funny (in my opinion).
Someone apparently didn't think so.

- Bucko - 03-09-2002

Don't know what you are ranting about, but spam, obvious personal slurs, foul language and purely inciting posts will be removed, period, end of discussion. This board will not be allowed to degenerate like many of the internet boards. I have never seen anyone else here complaining, for what it is worth.

- winoweenie - 03-09-2002

My2 centavos. You may have made the crossover point from funny to PU-unny. I've been a member of this board almost since inception and FWIW I can only remember a handful of posts that were deleted by our VERY industrious and tolerant moderators. If Dr. Bucko or the Lovely Jackie put this into cyber-oblivion I'd have to think you overstepped the bounds of proprietory. If you have a copy I'd be more than happy to have you E-mail mr and I'll give you a very candid overview. I think there are lots of risque things that are extremely funny and then there are lots of obscene things that are hurtful and have no humor... Like using profanity to underscore a point....If the point is relevant enough, profanity detracts from it. Welcome to probably the most knowledgeable, friendly, and accessable wine forum on the entire Net. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 03-09-2002).]

Hey Bucko, You're coming across a bit harsh. Did you read something that I posted that contained any of the Items you mentioned, or are we maybe jumping to conclusions. I absolutely respect your feelings in the matter but the fact remains, most haven't gotten to read the deleted messages & form their own opinion. Did you get to? If you did & feel that it's over the line, I accept that & would appreciate it if you told me what you found to be a problem. I don't wanna offend anyone. E-mail me with your issues if you wish.
Please don't think I'm just trying to rock the boat. That's absolutely Not how I am.I just wanna know What (specifically) was the problem.
CaptainWino

Oh yeah, Winoweenie, Thanks for your 2 cents. I'm sorry, I don't have a copy of it. I'd send it to you if I did.

- Thomas - 03-10-2002

You see Captainwino, just to show you how generous we are, ww gives you his 2 cents worth, when everyone that I know who knows him will tell you they can't get a nickle out of him...'cept maybe the wine purveyors!

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 03-10-2002).]

- winoweenie - 03-10-2002

OH THESE HURTFUL, PURELY PERSONAL, LIBELOUS POSTS. SOB.........WW

- winedope - 03-10-2002

hee, hee, hee.

- CaptainWino - 03-10-2002

Hello everybody.
I hope all have had a good weekend. I went from being a shiftless hilljack to a prosperous owner of a drive through pet crematory. Overnight! It's a real Cinderella story. Right now we're having a two for one special. Bring in your dead pet for cremation & we'll cremate any other dead or unwanted pet of equal or lesser size for free.
CaptainWino
"Burn a Pet inc."

- Bucko - 03-10-2002

And what does this post have to do with wine? I think there is an alt.nonsensical.humor board somewhere.

- CaptainWino - 03-11-2002

I'll assume Bucko is addressing everybody on this page as none of the entrys have anything to do with wine.
Yes That's right. I've done some looking around & found a good number of nonsense posts on this sight. Looks like we've got a lot of cracking down to do.
MY BAD!
By the way. Why ar the huge bottles of wine that you find in the supermarket so much cheaper (oz. for oz.) than the smaller bottles?
Love & Kisses
CaptainWino

- Thomas - 03-11-2002

If your last question was a serious one, the answer is simple--1.economy of scale, 2.the larger bottles normally contain "lesser" wines. But if you have some kind of joke answer, then I plead ignorant and await your ba, da, bing...

- CaptainWino - 03-11-2002

Thank you Foodie for the answer. It was actually a serious question I had & it sounds like a good answer.
Although Bucko & I seem to be clashing, He(I'm assuming "He")is right. I plead guilty to being a smart a--. I apologize for pushing buttons & making it hard for anyone to take me seriously.
I'm sorry for giving you a hard time Bucko.
I guess I'll just go find an Anne Geddes fanclub website to terrorize.

- winoweenie - 03-11-2002

I for one would welcome this.... Say So Help Me Goodness!!! WW

- Thomas - 03-12-2002

Aha! So you admit to having tried to terrorize this site. We are a bunch of fine wine people--not so serious as you think. But consider this: none of us know you yet, and none of us can read digital minds...

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 03-12-2002).]

- CaptainWino - 03-13-2002

Just like poodles that bark & snarl viciously as you walk away from the screen door that seperates you & them.

Except poodles don't usually drink wine.