WineBoard
Boone's Farm ? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Boone's Farm ? (/thread-16206.html)

Pages: 1 2

- thx1138 - 10-21-2002

Can anyone comment on the, uh, 'legitimacy' of this wine? We are hosting a gourmet food and wine party and a few of our guests are sparring over whether or not this would be an appropriate wine to bring. Being the hosts we were asked to make the judgement call but we don't know anything about it. Thanks!

C and C

- Glass_A_Day - 10-21-2002

Not ok at all. IMHO.

- Bucko - 10-21-2002

Boone's Farm is a "flavored product," not a wine IMO, and certainly not appropriate to take to a "gourmet" food and wine party.

- winoweenie - 10-22-2002

thx1128 If your guests like the Boones' Farm Flavored juice you might suggest they bring a White Zinfandel like Beringers' or Sutter Homes. This will at least put them on the right track. WW

- Thomas - 10-22-2002

Please take no offense if your post was a serious one--but it is difficult to resist thinking that anyone who uses the words "gourmet food" and "Boone's Farm" in the same context has to be kidding us!

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 10-22-2002).]

- thx1138 - 10-22-2002

Thanks for your input!

- winedope1 - 10-22-2002

guess it depends on your definition of "gourmet" foods... doesn't meet mine, but some think cheese whiz on a Ritz is a fancy food.

- hotwine - 10-22-2002

Sounds good to me, WD. Right in there with RC Cola and a Moon Pie, or anything with Tabasco.

- winedope1 - 10-24-2002

Hotwine- Tabasco and macaroni 'n cheese. MMMMM.... : )

- wondersofwine - 10-25-2002

Hotwine sounds like a friend of mine who ordered taco salad which already came with salsa on it and then added tabasco sauce on top of the salsa.

- hotwine - 10-25-2002

You bet, ladies! Tabasco is also the best store-bought salad dressing available.

- Kcwhippet - 10-25-2002

Tabasco goes great on just about anything - eggs, salads, toasted tuna fish sandwiches, black eyed peas (with vinegar, too), hamburgers, etc., etc. My dad was in the Marines with one of the McIlhennies (if you know Tabasco, you know McIlhenny), and they sent him a box of peppers every year at harvest. He would lightly mash them, stuff them in a gallon jug about 3/4 full and top it off with vinegar. He'd put them down in the cellar and let them age, then use just what he needed. He finally told them to stop sending the stuff because by the late sixties, he had about 15 jugs in the cellar. He's 85 now and he still has 4 or 5 jugs left (part of my inheiretance). Potent stuff! Love it!!

- winoweenie - 10-25-2002

Grcious sakes WOW have never met a store-bought or restaurant salsa in my ever-lovin'-put-together that didn't require the service of the lil' red bottle. WW

- Bucko - 10-25-2002

Right from Avery Island..... yep, eggs floating in greasy chili, on top on a flour tortilla, with plenty of tabasco......

- Kcwhippet - 10-26-2002

Got some of the Habanero Tabasco down in Nawlins a few years back. It's a whole different taste, besides being way hotter.

- winoweenie - 10-26-2002

It's on the market now and,I agree, Very Tasty. I also dig their Jalapeno for fishie dishes and corn flakes. WW

- Innkeeper - 10-26-2002

Tabasco is always in my cabinet too. However, understand that hot sauce aficionados regard Tabasco as the Boone's Farm of hot sauces.

- hotwine - 10-26-2002

I carry a little bottle of the Jalapeno in the glove compartment of the p.u. Never know when it might be needed to make somethin' edible that wouldn't be, otherwise. Have some on my bluberry bagels every morning.

Got hooked on Tabasco years ago, when I got my parents to send it to me for use on C-rats. Between that, and Kool-Ade for the canteen, I was in pretty good shape. The only hot sauce I like better than Tabasco is Texas Champagne, a cayenne pepper sauce made by D.L. Jardine's Seven-J Ranch up at Buda, near Austin. That stuff is wonderful, but not really hot at all.

- Kcwhippet - 10-26-2002

Blueberry bagels?

Actually, besides using the Tabasco, I make two of my own hot sauces each fall. They're habanero/garlic and habanero/mango with just a touch of salt to bring out the flavors, a bit of sugar in the garlic sauce and a little vinegar to thin them out. Wife hates them.

- Botafogo - 10-30-2002

I think the greatest TV commercial in the history of the medium is the Tobasco spot with the guy sitting in his lawn chair eating pizza after a liberal dousing with the Red Stuff and a mesquito buzzes up, bites him, flies away and then burst into flame like a MIG 29 lit up by an F-14. No voice over, no subtitles, just pure visual communication of a great idea...

Roberto