WineBoard
wedding reception - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: For the Novice (/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: wedding reception (/thread-15866.html)

- bfloydie01 - 02-19-2007 07:54 PM

I am not sure how much wine to purchase for a wedding with approximately 150 guests. We are just doing beer and wine, so I imagine that most of the ladies and some men will be drinking wines. Also, any recommendations on where I can purchase some wines by the case? It is difficult to have wine shipped to PA.

- Innkeeper - 02-19-2007 11:00 PM

Hi Bfloydie, and welcome to the Wine Board. Recommend to go to one of your state stores that has someone who will speak to you. Pretty sure they give discounts on cases. Ask them to recommend a brand from Oz (Australia) that have a nice Shiraz and a Chardonnay in the $10 range. There are at least a dozen brands that fall in that category, and these are the most popular wines for a crowd.

RE: wedding reception - safa100 - 02-20-2014 02:04 AM

It is sure fact that recommendations and even testimonials are very useful when it comes to planning your wedding reception.

RE: wedding reception - Jackie - 02-21-2014 12:26 AM

Do you have a menu plan yet? That would make it a little easier to suggest a good wine that will make the food taste even better! That's what a good pairing is all about.

As far as quantities go....

Check out this post about planning for wine and beer... it's a caterer's guideline but pretty reliable. CLICK HERE: How to plan wine and beer quantities for a wedding

Come back again with some menu items, so we can be of more help....

And, by the way, congratulations!

RE: wedding reception - winoweenie - 02-21-2014 05:22 AM

Am I the only one on the board that doesn't understand that Safa 100 is going back and digging up past posts and resurrecting them so she can make some inanae comment? Heck-Fire Jackie, this girl has done had 2 kids, wrecked 3 cars, and is filing for divorce. SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WW

RE: wedding reception - Jackie - 02-21-2014 11:10 PM

(02-21-2014 05:22 AM)winoweenie Wrote:  Am I the only one on the board that doesn't understand that Safa 100 is going back and digging up past posts and resurrecting them so she can make some inanae comment? Heck-Fire Jackie, this girl has done had 2 kids, wrecked 3 cars, and is filing for divorce. SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WW

WW--- OMG.You are so right. Why didn't I see that?

As for Safa100 --- bye-bye.....

J

RE: wedding reception - jonimakit - 04-12-2014 04:13 AM

very nice site good looking your site thanks for sharing information good color your site i enjoy this blog.

clothes
toys

RE: wedding reception - winoweenie - 04-12-2014 11:20 AM

Looks like Safa 100 has resurfaced with a new moniker. WW

RE: wedding reception - jonibimb - 06-25-2014 12:08 AM

hi good looking your site nice posting thanks for sharing information good color your site i enjoy this blog.

clothes
toys

RE: wedding reception - winoweenie - 06-25-2014 08:27 AM

Thank you for taking the time to thank us for being good color and nice bloggers. We very seldom hear that from the curmudgeons that inhabit us most frequently with bad vibes. By-the-by the bride just had her 4th child and is contemplating divorce. WW