WineBoard
What's up with the lights? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-1.html)
+--- Thread: What's up with the lights? (/thread-15722.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Kcwhippet - 12-11-2006

Still have problems with the lights. The light bulbs don't go out after I read the posts, leave the Board then come back later. Right now I'm showing folders lit up back to 12/5. Also, I don't see any folders in red. They're always yellow. I've cleared the cookies so many times now, I can do it in my sleep - so I don't think it's that. What's up, Jackie?

- Glass_A_Day - 12-11-2006

KC, I've noticed that if I don't stay on the board very long and come back the lights won't clear, but if I leave the board up on my computer for a while before leaving it will clear when I return.

- Bucko - 12-11-2006

Trust me, it is a cookie issue. Kill the cookies and start over -- it's a PITA, but....

- Innkeeper - 12-11-2006

I've killed the cookies, and reset the preferences, and I still have to hit preferences again every time I come back to get the envelopes to turn red.

- Jackie - 12-11-2006

I am trying to figure out what's causing this problem. Give me a little time to work on this.

- Kcwhippet - 12-11-2006

Maybe you won't have to do anything, at least not on my account. It all seems to be working fine now.

- Jackie - 12-15-2006

That's great news.

- TheEngineer - 12-15-2006

I have the same issues that KC is / was having still. killed cookies and preferences on a daily basis and still does not work. Now I jsut write down what is lite up at the beginning because if I go in and then come back out all the lights go off.

- Jackie - 12-16-2006

You say when you "come back out" the lights are all off.

How are you coming back out? Say you are looking at a topic with the Food/Wine Affinities folder. How do you get back to the main page?
- Back button
- Click on purple logo "The WineBoard"
- Click on the little tree menu at top of page.
- Or some other way that I can't think of???

I'm trying to re-create the problem and it's not happening for me. But I'm not giving up.

- brappy - 12-16-2006

Just curious but could the browser be an issue?

- Innkeeper - 12-16-2006

I go to the main page (www.wines.com) and then click on the lady to get to the board. If I want red envelopes, I have to go to prefernces and set them again each time I come to the board.

- Jackie - 12-23-2006

I'm wondering if this has cleared up??

If not, bs sure you have done the following to CELAR your browser cookie...

That is, go to preferences (above right) and click on the words "Click here to delete all cookies set by this forum!" in the first paragraph....

Then select "click here to return to preferences".

Then select "YES" to remember name and password for 1 year. Also, select the number of days to display.

This should clear any problems related to your browser's cookie. This is the only way to "reset" these functions.

Let me know if it helps.

- winoweenie - 12-23-2006

did it Jackie znd it worked....you lil' genius. WW

- Innkeeper - 12-23-2006

I'm sorry; I've deleted cookies upteen times. I still have to hit "set preferences" everytime I want red envelopes. If I don't don't it everytime, when I do do it, all the envelopes since the last time light up.

- TheEngineer - 12-24-2006

I still can' get the lights to work properly. Almost impossible to see which messages are new.

- winoweenie - 12-24-2006

Dadburnit Eng alla youse need to do is look at the date and time of the last post to tell iffn' it be current. SHEESH!. WW [img]http://wines.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

- TheEngineer - 12-26-2006

Wisdom and knowledge shine through again! Thanks, I did not even think about that! much appreciated WW

- winoweenie - 01-13-2007

Well now ALL the bloomin lights are on when I log on. It's been working so smooth I almost started to like this stupid machine. WW

- Jackie - 01-15-2007

WW- Still having the problem? The lights will all come on if your browser doesn't remember the last time you visited. They are controlled by comparing the cookie time stamp with the date of the last posting. I would expect all the lights to come on if you switch browsers or reset cookies. Did you maybe come in to the board in a different way?

- winoweenie - 01-16-2007

nONE OF THE ABOVE TO MY KNOWLEDGE AND THEM DUDES ARE ALL STILL ALIGHTED. wHAT DO i DO TO FIX THIS ANnoying problem? Also ole fat-fingers keeps hitting the caps lock key along with the a. WW