Technical Problems - Printable Version
+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome (/forum-1.html)
+--- Thread: Technical Problems (/thread-15679.html)
Pages: 1 2
- Innkeeper - 07-16-2001 05:30 AM
1. The home page for [url=http://www.wines.com]www.wines.com[/url] says "Transfer Interupted" where it should say Wine Board. You can still get to the Wine Board, but newcomers would not know that.
2. The search function on the board does not work for "Search All Open Functions." It does work for individual threads. This situation has existed for several months. Granted some of this time was when Jackie was out.
3. This is not a problem with this site. When I go to the new photo site that CCK set up, my crash guard comes up and orders me to close down. If I disable the crash guard, Windows comes up and calls it an "illegal operation", and makes me close down. Anybody have any idea what might be going on?
- winoweenie - 07-16-2001 06:23 PM
I Just HATE it when that happens. WW
- hotwine - 07-17-2001 06:31 AM
IK, when you say "crash guard", are you talking anti-virus? If so, item #3 sounds like that software is incompatible with Windows. Suggest you check the labeling on its disk or in its "Help" file, to insure it's compatible with your version of Windows. That s/w could also be incompatible with the photo format that CCK is using, but I suspect a Windows problem; that's usually the case, since Microsoft looks to its customers to debug its products.
[This message has been edited by hotwine (edited 07-17-2001).]
- chittychattykathy - 07-18-2001 06:51 PM
Sounds very frustrating!
- Innkeeper - 07-24-2001 04:37 AM
The July 22 update fixed the "Transfer Interupted" problem, but he Search function still does not work for "All Open Forums."
- Innkeeper - 08-16-2001 05:41 PM
The August 13th update did not fix the Search function for All Open Forums.
- Jackie - 08-17-2001 11:32 PM
Sounds like we need some trouble shooting here. I'll be working on this over the weekend.... Wish me luck.
- Innkeeper - 08-21-2001 11:37 AM
The Search "All Open Forums" doesn't work differently now. It used to tell you how many matches there was before delivering the message, "You document contains no data." Now you get the no data message as soon as you launch the search.
- cpurvis - 08-22-2001 11:16 AM
IK isn't the lone frustrated member on this issue. When it actually worked, I found the Search function quite valuable. I do hope that Jackie finds a solution. cp
- Jackie - 09-03-2001 04:06 PM
Ah! FINALLY, I figured out how to fix this nasty problem with the "search" function. It's fixed now. Please give it a try.
The strangest thing was that if you selected the first forum "Advertising/ Promotion" then it would search ALL forums. But if you selected "Search All Forums" it would do nothing but return an error message.
Anyway, it is now working properly. Let me know, if you have any more problems.
Thanks for your patience,
- winoweenie - 09-03-2001 05:46 PM
JACKIES ALIVE111JACKIES ALIVE1111SHE BE HERE11111111 ww
- Bucko - 09-03-2001 10:21 PM
WW, you have to use the shift key, the shift key Verne! Granted, it probably LOOKED to you as if you used it...... [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img] Woe is me, woe is me.......
- Drew - 09-03-2001 10:39 PM
Leave him alone, Buckster, everyone knows that a bold #1 is a capital exclamation point.
- winoweenie - 09-04-2001 06:11 AM
He posted after 8 hours of gruelling tennis.
( And a nice bottle of 94 Dehlinger Bordeaux Blend.) [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/smile.gif[/img]
- cpurvis - 09-04-2001 10:39 AM
Yay11111 It actually works again11111
Thanks Jackie. cp
- Bucko - 09-04-2001 08:12 PM
Bunch of reprobates.... grumble, grumble, surrounded by reprobates....
[img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]
- Innkeeper - 09-14-2001 09:18 AM
It works for me. Thanks Jackie.
- Jackie - 09-21-2001 12:43 PM
Glad this is working again. I'm planning to do an upgrade of the software soon and we'll have a few more conveniences (I hope).
- winoweenie - 09-21-2001 05:13 PM
My gracious goodness Jacksonite, My lil'ole' yeller lites be workin' ( Morman Taberneckle Choir in Unison ) HALLELUEGH!!!!. WW
- Bucko - 09-21-2001 08:34 PM
Put that virus program in the new software -- maybe we can get that WW virus out of the computer.