WineBoard
A few of my favorites... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Favorite Wine Stores (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: A few of my favorites... (/thread-15496.html)

- andrawes76 - 07-26-2010

Been traveling all over the US for wine events and to promote Wines.com. In the process I went to a bunch of retail outlets and found the following to have exemplary service and prices:

Tampa: Bern's Wines and Spirits and a ridiculously great steakhouse

Miami (Beach): W Wine Boutique

Los Angeles: Hi Time, KL Wines

Chicago: Just Grapes

New York: Park Avenue & Sherry Lehmann (good service, prices are standard). Saratoga Wine Company has really good prices.

Houston: Spec's

Dallas: Siegel's

Will report more as my travels allow me to...

Hope you are all well!

- Innkeeper - 07-27-2010

Too bad you missed Chambers Street in New York. That's our favorite store there since Foodie pulled out of his.

- wondersofwine - 07-27-2010

I visited Chambers Street in June (my second visit) but I was having some foot problems and there was no place for a customer to sit down. No one came up to me to offer help. The layout was crowded and uncomfortable and I left very quickly. At Burgundy Wine Company the prices tend to be high, but there are places to sit and browse through old wine books, etc. (On my first visit to Chambers several years ago I had good service from Mr. Fass.)

- winoweenie - 07-27-2010

PW, Alla' my buddies at Hi Time like Chuck Hanson will be upset about you moving them from the lovely community of Costa Mesa to dirty, smelly, nasty L.A. WW [img]/ubb/wink.gif[/img] ((PSS. And Roberto will be EXTREMEMY upset you dint come to Santaa Monica and visit his "Wine Exchange")))

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 07-27-2010).]

- andrawes76 - 07-29-2010

WW, I called Hi-Time to offer them a listing on Wines.com and I got someone very nasty on the phone. You know me, I am very cordial and not a slick sales guy. I was surprised cause I wanted them on board. Instead I went to KL and ended up buying a case of wine to serve up at a party...

FYI I also tried Wine Exchange but they haven't bothered to call me back.

So goes the business development process. "Sometimes you eat the bar, and uh, sometimes the bar eats you" (That's from one of my favorite movies The Big Lebowski)

- andrawes76 - 07-29-2010

Heard magnificent things about both Hi Time and Wine Exchange. My father-in-law orders from both...

- winoweenie - 07-29-2010

When you get in town if you'd like I'll call Chuck and introduce you. When again are you coming in? My largest account in San Diego called and requested my presence next Wed the 11th so I have to leave town the 10th. When are you hitting town?????WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 07-30-2010).]

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 08-04-2010).]

- andrawes76 - 08-04-2010

WW, I left you a voicemail. Will September late work well for you? Thanks, Alex