WineBoard
Wine North Fork Long Island? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Favorite Wine Stores (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Wine North Fork Long Island? (/thread-15444.html)

- filmnoises - 09-02-2003

I am getting married on the North Fork of Long Island on Sept. 20. Being from California and a Trader Joes and Top Line Wine bargain shopper, are there any suggestions for bargain wines in that area? Looking for a Pinot Grigio, a Merlot and of course a dry champagne.

Suggestions? Please Help Us

- Innkeeper - 09-03-2003

Hi Filmnoises, and welcome to the Wine Board. You will not find any North Fork wines at Trader Joe's prices. If you use Google you will be able to scout out what is available, and the best you will be able to do for merlot and pinot grigio (gris) is the midteens. Availablity could be another problem, as many of those wineries are inbetween releases right now, and don't have large production to begin with.

My recommendation is to contact a large retailer such as Pop's Wines in Island Park, L.I. (www.popswine.com) an order some Italian Pinot Grigio and Merlot, and have them ship it where you want. They will have offerings in the $10 and under range.

- winoweenie - 09-03-2003

Hi Filmnoises and welcome to the board. If you cotact one of our very own, Thomas Pellicheri at Is-Wine in NYC, he can probably supply everything you need and his pricing is KEEN. He has a web site and his phone is 212 254-7800.WW

- Thomas - 09-03-2003

WW, almost got the last name correct ole fella!

Filmnoises, I am not sure if you want domestic P Grigio, Merlot, et al. If so, there are few P Grigio's produced on the East Coast, and not too many good Merlot on the East Coast at low prices. NY sparkling wine, however, has some fantastic entries at reasonable prices.

If you are looking for wines produced elsewhere, the selection in NY is vast.

If you want to talk about it, call 212 254 7800.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 09-03-2003).]

- filmnoises - 09-03-2003

Winoweenie, foodie and Innkeeper...thanks for the information. Could any of you recommend a good wine retailer on or near the north fork of Long Island? Say Greenport to Riverhead, or even as far west as Islip?

- Kcwhippet - 09-03-2003

Yo, dude, pay attention. Foodie IS the retailer you're looking for --- and he delivers. Call him, like now. If you don't want to use him, I can give you the names of several retailers near the North Fork of Long Island. However, you will end up paying more because you're near the Hamptons ---- as in Martha Stewart, Billy Joel, etc., etc., etc. So, if you want to spend the big bucks, we can give you plenty of retailers near the North Fork. You want to save those bucks, call Thomas Pellechia (aka Foodie). You have the number.

[This message has been edited by Kcwhippet (edited 09-04-2003).]