WineBoard
Special Wines.com Forum Discount - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Favorite Wine Stores (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Special Wines.com Forum Discount (/thread-15370.html)

- andrawes76 - 02-03-2009

To all Wines.com Forum Members... Thanks for your support and some great posts. I have included a 20% discount coupon code, WBGHL6, to say thank you all...

- Jackie - 03-04-2009

Has anyone tried to use this extra discount for WineBoard members? I'm curious about your experience.

Please comment.

Thanks,
Jackie

- hotwine - 03-04-2009

I tried to use the service back on 28 Jan. Had found the wine I was looking for, the '07 Avignonesi Rosso di Montepulciano, at Wine Exchange online and had their price in hand when I called PW in Austin, and in fact mentioned that price as my target. Was quoted a price there that was about $3 more per bottle than WineEx, so I placed a case order with WineEx.

A few hours later, received a phone message from Austin that PW would match the $12.99 price from WineEx, so with the difference in shipping costs between Austin - SA and Orange CA - SA, would have saved a few bucks on the order. But had already ordered from Wine Exchange, and chose not to cancel. Service from Wine Exchange was excellent, and I went on to order two more cases over the following three weeks.

I did not cite the code when speaking with PW, but did identify myself by name and handle as a long-time member of the board, so had every reason to expect the initial price of $15.XX per bottle I was quoted to be their best offer.

I'll try again to use PW at some point in the future..... but am reminded of words from my 3d grade teacher a bazillion years ago: We only have one chance to make a first impression. (Bless you, Mrs. Brown.)

- Jackie - 03-04-2009

Oh dear. Well, it sounds like we're not off to the best start there! My apologies. I was not aware. We're contemplating restructuring some of the store functions that aren't very user friendly.... Wait til we get it straightened out and maybe give us another try?

Has anyone tried to use the discount code online?

ALL feedback is most welcome and appreciated.

- hotwine - 03-20-2009

Two cases now ordered and delivered by PW in excellent condition at a super price. Highly recommend anyone give them a chance to bid on bulk orders.

- andrawes76 - 03-24-2009

Thanks again Hotwine! I had a bottle and its absolutely everything you said it would be and more...!

- hotwine - 03-24-2009

Glad you enjoyed it. Pair it with any pasta dish that has a red sauce.... pizza, eggplant parmesan, pizza, chicken parmesan, pizza.... and especially pizza.

- andrawes76 - 04-04-2009

Hotwine, 05 Avignonesi is on my top 10 of the year. Bought last two-three cases yesterday. Awesome with mushroom rigatone.

[This message has been edited by Personal Wine (edited 04-04-2009).]

- hotwine - 04-21-2009

Alex and Co. have come through again. A week ago, I introduced a couple of good friends to the '07 Avignonesi RdM and they both said "I've gotta have some of this!" So I emailed PW and asked if he could find some more, and he did.... the last three cases of this marvy juice left in Texas. He's shipping them today, should be here tomorrow. Will break my heart to have to give up TWO-THIRDS of the order....

He's got an impressive list of goodies on his VIP list through the end of the month. If I weren't saving my pennies for a new tractor, I'd jump on it.

- wondersofwine - 04-22-2009

HW,
Does D. think you are sexy on your tractor?

- hotwine - 04-22-2009

Uhhhhhhh..... probably not. Suspect I'm the only one to get all hormonal over the sight of JD green.

- winoweenie - 04-23-2009

You left out the a&e describing the color. ww(hehehe)