Costco goodies - Printable Version
+- WineBoard (http://wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Favorite Wine Stores (/forum-38.html)
+--- Thread: Costco goodies (/thread-15367.html)
- hotwine - 12-01-2003 03:23 PM
On a visit today, noticed the following:
- gift box of Perrier-Jouet w/2 flutes for $28;
- Vinotemp 60-btl stainless wine fridge for $300 (looked pretty sharp, with glass front & digital control);
- Rabbit-style corkscrew sets for $14.
Picked up some Seghesio Zin and Dunnewood Merlot (the latter's a new one to me, from Napa)
Had just been to Sam's Club for staples and saw they had the Haier wine fridge, about a 34 btl unit, for $499. They're nuts!
- Auburnwine - 12-01-2003 03:30 PM
There were many serious wine bargains at the World Market in Birmingham. The D'Arenberg Footbolt was $15. The Rosemount Diamond Shiraz was $9. Many great quaffers at $5 and $6.
The upscale grocery, Bruno's, has $5 - $7 off many wines in the mid $20's.
It's a good time to drink wine.
- Thomas - 12-01-2003 07:02 PM
Let me know what you think of the Dunnewood. I have had it before--it did not give me a reason to have it again. Have, however, had the Seghesio a number of times...
- wondersofwine - 12-01-2003 07:16 PM
I have a Seghesio Zin I haven't tried yet. May not get to it until January as I will be away for a professional conference in DC and Christmas holidays in La Jolla part of December.
- winoweenie - 12-01-2003 07:18 PM
Have posted on the Seghesio several times and love the property. Make some really nice zins. WW