WineBoard
More Wines from Finger Lakes Offline - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Wine Country Touring/Dining (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: More Wines from Finger Lakes Offline (/thread-15160.html)

- wondersofwine - 05-28-2004

2002 Glenora Pinot Blanc--pale straw color; pear nose and flavors with some acidic backbone

2001 Marechal Foch, Lincolnville, ME, contribution of InnKeeper--cranberry aroma; somewhat spritzig

2001 Chateau Saint-Maurice Cotes du Rhone Villages (Innkeeper brought this I think)
Grenache-Syrah blend

2000 Rosenblum Harris Kratka Zinfandel
dark purple color, nose and flavors of ripe blackberries, brambleberries (one of the wines I brought)

Winterport Winery Flying Dutchman Blackberry Wine with Grape Brandy
18% alcohol
purple color
very fragrant (of blackberries, natch) and fruity; similar to Framboise; popular with those looking for sweet wines

Hermann Wiemer Winery
I bought a late harvest Riesling here. My notes: 2002 Hermann J. Wiemer Johannisberg Riesling Late Harvest; 10.2% alcohol, pale and clear; some noticeable residual sugar; nose of sweet apple and pear syrup--flavors follow; somewhat spritzig

Anthony Road Wine Company (along Seneca Lake)
2002 Riesling semi-dry--refreshing, balanced, good food wine

2002 Cabernet Franc--pale red, nice raspberry aroma and flavor

2002 Vignoles--interesting wine; I purchased a bottle for less than $9.00 and will report on it later when I open it at home

2002 Tony's Red--a blended wine with 60% Baco Noir $6.99 at winery
accounts for 1/3 of winery sales
sweet red wine, almost a blush color; serve chilled
Inoffensive wine (except for WW) that would be good with roast chicken or mild-flavored meats; sees no wood; made from purchased grapes

2002 Fox Run Lemberger (known also as Blau
Frankische)
dark purple color; blackberry flavor; medium to full-bodied; medium to long finish; quite a pleasant wine with lunch at the Winery
(we also had some of the 2001 Fox Run Cabernet Franc but I prefered the Lemberger)

WW's Cabernet Sauvigon on the Cabernet Sauvignon thread

2002 Merkelbach Urziger Wurzgarten Auslese (a wine I brought)
very pale; honey, acid and white peaches
lightly spicy

Fonseco Porto 1997, Sandemans Porto 1977, 20 year-old Ferriera Port (of these I prefered the 20-year old Tawny Port with a nice amber color; I also liked the Sandemans which was still a nice red color--was it 1977 or 1997? can't read my numbers)

1997 Dehlinger Syrah was also very nice

Enjoyed sampling the Loring Wine Company Pinot Noirs from KC Whippet but also liked the 2002 Radio Coteau Pinot Noir--thought it elegant and delicate

I tried two Bordeaux wines (from Foodie or IK?), a Pauillac and a St. Estephe and liked the first one I tried better but didn't write down the Chateaux or vintages

2000 Tenuta Sicilio Etna Rosso (Foodie?)
14% alcohol; dark red purple with clarity; quite viscous