WineBoard
Wine Cellar Software - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: RESOURCES AND OTHER STUFF (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-300.html)
+--- Forum: Paraphernalia (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Wine Cellar Software (/thread-15052.html)

- RAD - 07-23-2000

This seemed like the right forum for this question; please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm interested in some software for my wine cellar, which is growing rapidly from humble beginnings. I've done a search on the Internet, and seen a few offerings.

But I'm interested in what other people out there are using--if in fact they're using software at all. If they aren't, well, I am--I'm addicted to this computer thing, and have been for years (I assume most of us are to one degree or another, else we wouldn't even be here).

So, all you enophiles--what's the word in wine software?

- Bucko - 07-23-2000

I (and many of my friends) use Cellar Savant. Easy to use, everything you need.

Bucko

- hotwine - 07-23-2000

I use Cellar! For Wine Enthusiasts, from Collectware. A downloadable trial copy is available from their website at www.collectware.com. I've encountered the need to ask only one question, since installing it in January of this year; I sent an email to the company, and received a very thorough response within the hour. Think the purchase price of the software on CD-ROM for Windows 98 was about $70. It certainly meets my needs. Holler if you'd like more info.
Gil

- Innkeeper - 07-24-2000

Have had both of these bookmarked and others bookmarked for some time. Wine Savant is $60.00 incidentally, unless you live in WA where you pay tax too. What we're waiting on is the arrival of my backordered PalmPilot IIIxe. Will both of these be downloadable to a PDA? Is there a better program for that? Know that both will archive TNs, but can't find out if they have "to buy" files. Also know that extensive PDA discussion was held about eight months ago, but can't find it.

- hotwine - 07-24-2000

I have no info to offer on the compatibility of Cellar S/W with a PDA. But the S/W does have a "Shopping List" function, that allows the user to build a running list of wines whose supply has dwindled to the critical stage. It can be tailored to specify the wine type, appellation, vintage, last price paid and last vendor used (and probably other features; I'm away from home right now, and can't check.) That's a handy feature, when living in the country and dealing with several retailers in town. That sounds like it might meet your need for a "to buy" feature, IK.

- Dogwalker - 07-24-2000

I am using "Uncorked Cellar", an Australian program. Reason - I liked the down load and only cost $20. Found it on the net>

- RAD - 07-30-2000

Thanks all--I downloaded all the ones mentioned, and also tried another--Wineformation--that was a bit too much.

After experimenting with all three, I like Cellar Savant. The $60 is well worth knowing exactly what I've got!

- winoweenie - 07-31-2000

Hi RAD, Hope the new software keeps you from getting lost in the wilderness. If any-one gives a gnats-eyelash, I keep my cellar by hand. Found I can control the take-outs much easier and more reliably. When entertaing it`s imperative to look up the location of each bottle and then at the same time I delete the bottle from inventory. I lose a bottle every now and then but as computer impaired as I be, it`s much simpler. Winoweenie

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 07-31-2000).]

- ShortWiner - 02-26-2003

IK, any update on how you worked out the PDA-computer interface? The last couple months I've been keep TNs on my PDA using Amy Reilly's PocketVine, which is working okay, but I know that a PDA isn't going to last forever and I'd like to be able to transfer my notes to computer somehow.

- Innkeeper - 02-26-2003

Never downloaded anything. Just keep a "Wines to Look For" file on it.

- Bucko - 02-26-2003

FWIW I switched to Cellar!, which I see Hotsie uses also. Nice program.