WineBoard
1994 Duckhorn Paraduxx - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Wines Without a Category (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: 1994 Duckhorn Paraduxx (/thread-14893.html)

- winoweenie - 04-09-2006

Found 2 of these lil orphans in the cellar yesterday and decided to open one with a grilled NY Strip SDiloin for lunch. Lovely nose of red and black fruits. Spicy , white pepper, cocoa, leather, and berries come over. This blend of Zin, Merlot, Cabernet, and Cabernet Franc goes against the usual Napa blends. This vintage marked the 1st for an Artist Label and the wine sets the standard for future vintages. Solid entry, weighty center and a long 4&1/2 lapper finish. As good as it's going to get. Killer juice that got me hooked early on this offering from Dan. 92/92. 26 by the box. 13.5% alc. WW

- winoweenie - 05-27-2006

Just making sure nothing spoils I decided to open the second bottle last nite. As I reached in the bin to free this sucker I pulled some extra bottles out. 8 additional bottles came sliding out one of which conked me on the noggin causing a slight cut that musta been on a vein as I started bleeding like a stuck pig. CB came running in from the back of the house as I was using some very emphatic descriptive adjectives. Applying pressure she was able to stop the flow of blood before having to transport me to the emergency room. After looking at the cut I for the life of me couldn't bekieve the volume that sucker put out. 8 bottles hit the carpet and only 1 broke, Scratch one 2001 Marquis/Phillips S2 cab. Now back to the pertinant topic...the sucker was just the balm I needed to settle my nerves while watching my beloved Suns go down fighting. No change in scoring. Killer bottling. WW (Will use the ladder religiously from now on)

- Innkeeper - 05-27-2006

You broke a bottle of M/P Cab!!! Nothing bleeds like a head. When I hit my brother in the head with a rock when we were kids (from 50 feet), I thought it would never stop bleeding, but it did before our pediatrician father got home; saying what's the big deal. Brother hasn't spoken to me since.

- wondersofwine - 06-02-2006

Just reading about your mishap WW. Glad you survived to live and drink again!

- TheEngineer - 06-02-2006

Hope the suns win! and the wound won't feel so bad any more.

- hotwine - 06-03-2006

I hadn't read about the Weener's "bottle-bonk" either. The server must be reeeeal slow these days. Hope the noggin recovers OK, Verne.

- winoweenie - 06-03-2006

Need all to light a candle for the Suns tonight. whenced they win tonight we'll be odds on to kill them suckers in Dallas Mon. WW

- winoweenie - 06-04-2006

Wasn't meant to be but what a great, wonderful, surprising ride this great group of atheletes has given us this year. Tough playing every other nite with only 7 players against 12 for the opposition and only 6 last nite.WW(sob)

- VouvrayHead - 06-04-2006

yeah, they were awfully inspiring... Think I caught all of their games but 2 throught the playoffs...

The finals matchuo leaves me kinda lukewarm... Not a big fan of either team, but don't hate either of them either... Ah well...
I'll pull for Dallas because I like Avery, or I'll pull for the Heat so Kobe cries just a little more at night...

- hotwine - 06-04-2006

That was a mighty fine series the Suns put on. Refs showed early on they were going to call a foul if a Sun even scratched his a$$. Classy bunch of guys though.

Avery is a sentimental fav given his time with the Spurs, but that adolescent owner is hard to take. We'll hoot for the Heat.