WineBoard
two beauties for lunch with WW - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Wines Without a Category (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: two beauties for lunch with WW (/thread-14837.html)

- bigredwines - 02-22-2007

S. H. W. 2002 is a blend of sangiovese and shiraz. Big floral in the nose and upfront taste slightly sweet with a nice med. finish.has a touch of tingle to it.I rate it 90/92. another great buy for daily drinking at 19. per bottle.
Abbotts blend an oregon winery. this is a very big wine .It will hold for 10 to 15.tannins where overpowering . another great buy 24. per bottle. score it 90/90.hope these posts work on this thread.I could not remember the region for the S H W.HELP WWW!

- winoweenie - 02-22-2007

The S.H.W was from Aussie. This is an outstanding bottle that could easily be mistaken for a St. Julien 2nd or 3rd growth. Stunning nose and a real palate pleaser. Drinks like a 50 bottle. Ordered a box on the spot along with one of the Pirimimma and the Abbots Blend. This bottling by the talented winemaker Owen Roe has enough stuffing to go for 10-15. Kick patootie juice for under 20. WW

- dananne - 02-22-2007

Just as an FYI, in case you didn't know, Owen Roe is the name of the winery, but was also the name of some 17th century Irish patriot. The winemaker is David O'Reilly. He crafts a wide variety of wines from Oregon and Washington grapes, including the above Abbott's Blend, which is a "kitchen sink" blend of Cab, Merlot, Zin, Cab Franc, Syrah, Blaufrankish, Sangiovese, Pinot Noir, Grenache, and Malbec. Agree on your notes that it needs time, but offers wonderful QPR. I was originally turned on to the winery by the Pinots, but lately I've found them to be a bit heavy and sometimes hot. Now, I think they're doing better stuff with their WA fruit, particularly the Clarets from Yakima Valley grapes. Also, if you ever get a chance, try the Syrah from Lewis Vineyard in The Dalles.

- winoweenie - 02-23-2007

Tankee for the info Dan. Dint know enny of the 17th century Irish patriots as I was busy helping Ethan Allen and the other boys over here. Mr. O'Reilly is a talented winemaker. Will definatel;y look for the Lewis Syrah. WW

- winoweenie - 03-04-2007

Had another bottle of the Abbot's Table last nite. This "kitchen sink" blend is a really nice bottling that needs another 5-7 to really shine, tho it's pleasurable drinking now. After reflection this wine is a definate 90/90. 24 14.6% alc. WW (They also use the most expensive Bordeaux bottle I've seen except on 1st and 2nd growths). WW

- dananne - 03-04-2007

Have a couple on the way after reading your notes. Had only given it a once-over when we were out there visiting, so we didn't buy at the time. Thanks again, and will post when they arrive and have had some time to settle down.

- winoweenie - 03-30-2011

Had aanother of the 04 Abbot's Table for lunch yesterday. While still a beast its' showing signs of civility. When this sucker resolves its considwerable tannins this will be a real stunner. Needs 2-4 to really come into its' own. WW