WineBoard
Do you know this wine? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Wines Without a Category (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-37.html)
+--- Thread: Do you know this wine? (/thread-14627.html)

- shannon dedyo - 11-27-2000

Help! My husband and I were recently in Paris and he had a wine he remembers as, Chateau la Fluer (and the word Medic which I suppose could be the maker or region). We can't find it anywhere (or anyone knowing it). I am desparate to find it for the holidays for him..... does this ring a bell to anyone? Thank you!!

- winoweenie - 11-27-2000

Shannon, welcome to the board. We have kinda` a strict policy of only making ONE post on a subject. If you make a post and don`t get an answer it`s because no-one with the info has seen your post. winoweenie

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 11-27-2000).]

- mrdutton - 11-27-2000

A couple of reasonable replies to this thread were provided in the Rhone/South of France/Wines/Varieties Forum.

- shannon dedyo - 11-28-2000

winoweenie,

I suppose it is "reassuring" to know we have board police. I wasn't aware of the policy, nor was I sure of the appropriate place to post my question since I wasn't sure of the type of wine (which is why i also included it in misc. category and did not feel that was abusive or overreaching). None have been that helpful anyway so I will cease to use your service or buy from your webpage.

- Drew - 11-28-2000

See....Winoweenie made Shannon cranky too!

Drew

- winoweenie - 11-28-2000

a pox on thin-skinned students.ww i did this lower case so a to offend as lil` as possible.

Where is Botofugo and Randy when we need them to save the commerce on the board? WW

- Thomas - 11-28-2000

Again I become amazed by the inability of someone on the Internet to accept a direct comment rather than to read it as an attack. People have either become too dense or too sensitive--cannot figure out which!

- mrdutton - 11-28-2000

Not one posting here said that Shannon was abusive or over-reaching.

There were two good posts giving information on the Chateau and its wine on her other post.

What is she talking about.........? She? He?

Of course I don't really know, but most of the Shannon's I've met have been female....

Sorry CCK, that part just doesn't matter anyway.........

God now I'm gonna piss-off everyone (!) and I am not even tipsy yet........... (Operative word is not necessarily "yet".)

Did she say tank youse for the relative info given in the other thread on her very insufficient info? Whenebber I gets ahold of some new juice I ask someone who`s sober to WRITE the info I`ll need to track it down. By the snort, Why am I the black-Hat in this? Methinks Shannon is a lil` thin-skinned or is what I`ve been told is one rude New Yawker. winoweenie

- Bucko - 11-28-2000

Don't worry about this -- so many people are so thin-skinned these days. The replies were appropriate, the response from the poster was inappropriate.

Bucko

- chittychattykathy - 11-29-2000

Ditto

- winoweenie - 11-29-2000

Thank you, thank you kind lassie and good Dr. I thought that maybe I had placed one of my evil subliminal messages between the words and Shannon being extra perceptive picked it up. PHEW!!! winoweenie

- Thomas - 11-29-2000

WW, Shannon probably just has trouble with good spelling. ...

- Bucko - 11-29-2000

A message from the original poster was just deleted because it violated the no personal attack policy, and this thread will be now be closed. Please keep it civil or don't bother to post here.

Bucko