WineBoard
'04 Glenora Riesling - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: New York/East Coast Wines (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: '04 Glenora Riesling (/thread-14214.html)

- Innkeeper - 06-17-2005

2004 Glenora, Finger Lakes, Riesling ($13.99 at winery before discount). Alcohol level is 11%. This is Gene's semi-dry Riesling, but is just labeled Riesling. Will stand corrected but I think his troops said it was 1.9% RS. It gives you lemon and grapefruit along with green apples on the nose and upfront. All this mixes with the alky and sweetness in lovely complexity in the middle, and the finish lingers on and on. We matched it with broasted chicken breasts and green beans. It was bad enough sharing it three ways, but then my daughter tasted it and loved it!!!!! Shoot!

This is a great wine and you all should latch onto some soon.

- Innkeeper - 07-17-2005

Another bottle tonight with Venezuelen Barbequed Pork, sliced local tomatoes vinaigrette, macaroni salad, and rolls. Yummy. Hardley gets better.

- Innkeeper - 02-11-2006

We brought a bottle of the '04 to a B.Y.O.B. affair tonight in our wine tote. As good as ever with limes and grapefruit on the nose and upfront, a full and delightful middle, and a very nice finish. Went well with the well catered fish and chicken. Gave sips to some at our table and they loved it. Will have to bring back a bunch from our next trip in April.

- wondersofwine - 02-13-2006

You are lucky to have the April trip to look forward to. Say hi to Gene from those of us who were at the Finger Lakes offline.

- Kcwhippet - 02-13-2006

Stop by our home on the way through, IK. I have something for you to take to Gene.

- Innkeeper - 02-13-2006

Wasn't going to go that way, but will. No problem. You'll have to give me directions again. Note the new email address.

- Kcwhippet - 02-13-2006

What new email address?

- Innkeeper - 02-13-2006

Go to Talk with Moderators and click.

- Innkeeper - 05-01-2006

We had another '04 tonight, and I think it was our last one. We had to posponded our April trip due to Bev's health problems. We will be going at the end of May hopefully.

Tonight it was with Wiener Schnitzel cooked the authentic way, with whole French style green beans almondine. This was one of best dinners we have had in a very long time.

We drank it out of gold gilded Bavarian Crystal that we inherited from my paternal grandmother who believed her parents recieved it from her parents before coming to America from the Southern Bavaria west of Munich. This greatgrandmother and husband came over in the 1850s. We think the crystal was made somewhere between 1820 and 1840. There was no problem identifying the pieces except for a piece that look like a small gobler. It holds 250 ml which is about a cup. We were told that in that timeframe these were used as wine glasses at least in that area. Rightly or wrongly we drank the Riesling out of them. It was marvelous.