WineBoard
'07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: New York/East Coast Wines (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling (/thread-14122.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Innkeeper - 11-11-2008

2007 Knapp, Finger Lakes, Riesling ($14.95). Alcohol level: 11%.

The wine offers citrus and apples on the nose and upfront. It has excellent structure with more fruit including ripe peaches, a touch of sweetness, and crisp acidity in the middle; and it finishes very nicely.

We challenged it with a match of rosemary broasted chicken breasts with peppers and onions. The wine held up and matched with the food excellently. It is highly recommended.

- Innkeeper - 05-28-2009

Another bottle tonight with roast boneless loin of pork in gravy, cooked and sauteed mushroom ravioli with fresh sage, and glazed carrots. The wine was more than a match for all this. A great meal.

- Kcwhippet - 05-31-2009

You and Bev sure do a fair amount of FL wines, Carl. There is next to none (of good quality) brought into MA, and I can't get anyone from NY to ship it here. As a result, I can only get good FL wines on our rare trips to NY. Oh well.

- Innkeeper - 07-25-2009

We opened anothe '07 last night to go with an interesting supper that Bev put together. We had cooked lobster and crab ravioli (store bought) that she put in a baking dish with a variety of cheeses, herbs, and butter; topped with sliced tomatoes and more cheese. It was then baked until tomatoes became limp. She served it with sauteed green beans, chopped tomato, and herbs and spices.

The Riesling held up to all this and matched very nicely. We still have a couple of '07s left, as well as a few '08s that we haven't tried yet.

KC if you want to have some FL wines sent here we can get them to you.

- Innkeeper - 06-20-2010

We opened two '08s today and shared them with two and half other wine drinkers. We enjoyed them maybe a little more than the '07s with smoked turkey, and homemade potato salad, and cole slaw. Yum.

- Innkeeper - 10-18-2010

Another '08 tonight with roast boneless pork, red potatoes, gravy, and salad. Wonderful Monday night.

- Innkeeper - 02-25-2011

Well tonight I thought we were going to have bay scallops since we picked up two 4 oz frozen packages on our last trip to Whole Foods. When I opened the first package I discovered two things: one, they were cut up sea scallops some pieces a quarter the size of a bay scallop; and two, they were from China!

To salvage the dinner I washed them in milk, and rolled them in homemade bread crumbs heavily seasoned. I placed them in a heavily buttered baking dish and sprinkle them with smoked paprika. Then baked them in a 450F oven for 10 minutes. Served them with pilaf cooked in veggie stock, and lemony salad.

Oh yes, we killed our last '09 with it. Excellent!

- winoweenie - 02-26-2011

I've started reading everything on any purchase I make anymore. Think I mite tell Whole foods you weren't pleasantly surprised on opening them cut-ups. WW

- Innkeeper - 10-05-2011

We popped our first '10 tonight with (believe it or not) with penne in fresh tomato sauce with broiled sweet Italian sausages, and cherry tomatoes in viniagrette and parsley. It is a very consistant wine with very little variation from previous years. Wonderful dinner.

- Innkeeper - 05-27-2012

Had another '10 tonight with chicken and dumplings. Had Tammy, Kevin, and kids here and all ate their dinner! K, Bev and I enjoyed the Riesling with it.

- Innkeeper - 06-22-2012

For Father's Day we smoked a turkey and served it with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots, and a potato braid that Tammy brought. We had ten for dinner including four wine drinkers. We went though two more bottles of 2010 from Knapp. It was enjoyed by all, even a couple of daughters who gave it a taste!

RE: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Innkeeper - 06-26-2013

Popped our first 2011 last night. It was spot on with previous vintages. Matched it with sautéed pork chops (too stormy to grill), succotash, and sliced tomatoes.

RE: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Innkeeper - 07-12-2013

Another 2011 tonight with stuffed scallops, pilaf, and sliced tomatoes. Simply wonderful!!!

RE: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Innkeeper - 08-09-2013

The 2011 keeps getting better and better. Another tonight with lobster cakes (bought fabricated and not very good), sliced tomatoes and cucumber, and corn-on-the-cob. The wine held to all together.

RE: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Innkeeper - 08-30-2013

Similar dinner tonight with the '11, crab cakes, rice in veggie stock, and sliced tomatoes including one of our own Early Reds (about time!).

RE: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Innkeeper - 10-09-2013

Another lebin d'lebin. Tonight we matched it with a roaster chicken smoked over apple chips in our electric water smoker. We also had roasted baby Yukons and glazed carrots. Yum!

RE: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Innkeeper - 10-15-2013

Last '11 tonight with chicken club sandwiches.

RE: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Innkeeper - 10-29-2013

We popped our first 2012 tonight. It is still 12% alcohol, and it seems even better than the previous year. FL Rieslings are definitely our favorite white wine. We matched it with sautéed pork tenderloin medallions in a sauce of reduced dry Vermouth and chicken stock and garlic; with lemon zest, a little lemon juice, and minced fresh rosemary. The sides were rice pilaf and salad (only some red lettuce from our garden at this point, and all the rest from the store).

RE: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Innkeeper - 12-22-2013

Another '12 with reheated (leftover) Turkey Tetrazzini and salad last night. It matched even better than the Gewurtz with the other night.

RE: '07 Knapp Finger Lakes Riesling - Innkeeper - 01-29-2014

The 2012 is a truly fantastic wine. Just about a perfect Riesling. We matched this one with roasted boneless pork loin, baked baby Yukon Golds, and lima beans. Yum!