WineBoard
2000 Beaujolais-Villages - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Beaujolais/Gamays/Valdiguie (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: 2000 Beaujolais-Villages (/thread-14054.html)

- mrdutton - 03-31-2001

Have any of our Beaujolais fans tasted any of the 2000 releases yet?

Until I ran across this particular one, I was not aware that any of the 2000 vintage had been yet released:

2000 Domain Manior du Carra, mis en bouteille au domaine, Jean-Noel Sambardier, proprietaire-recoltant. Imported by Kysela Pere et Fils, Ltd., Winchester, VA.

No where near as bubble gummy as the 2000 Beaujolias Nouveau, this wine was still quite fruit forward with strawberries on the nose and the palate. I still got a hint of banana, but it was not where near as strong as what I tasted in the 2000 nouveaus I'd tried this past fall. There was a reasonable amount of acid and a decent finish, although not very long lasting (somewhat to be expected, eh?).

I purchased the wine with the intent of quaffing it. However, I drank a couple of glasses with a "left-overs" meal consisting of a piece of fried red snapper smothered with slivered-roasted almonds, a small piece of broiled center-cut, boneless pork chop, mixed veggies and roasted potato quarters.

I thought the wine was a reasonable match for the meal.

I am looking forward to more 2000 Beaujolais. Summer grilling season is right around the corner, just in time for the crus beaujolais!

- mrdutton - 04-01-2001

Hummmppppffffff........ I guess all the wine geeks are too wraped-up in the scrambled nets of the basketball court to pay much attention to this post. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

A side note: This bottle displayed NON FILTRE in red, block letters placed diagonally across the label.

The owner must have sent his marketing folks to the US to research the latest buzz words. How interesting!?!

- hotwine - 04-01-2001

I've not run across any of the 2000 crus yet. We probably won't see them for another 6-8 weeks, given the track records of our local distributors.

- mrdutton - 04-27-2001

There is now a case of this stuff sitting around the house waiting for me to consume it.

Won't take long, trust me on that.

- Innkeeper - 01-17-2002

2000 Georges Duboeuf, Beaujolais Villages. Have had many bottles of this fine wine. Hits you with an aroma of cherries, and moves to your tongue tip. Then you get more fruit and nice complexity along with smooth tannin across the palate. A nice finish as well. Really enjoyed it tonight with what we now call:

DUBOEUF BURGERS:

1 lb Lean ground beef
1 Small onion grated
1 Egg (beaten)
2 tbl Minced parsley (or 1 tbl parsley flakes)
1 tbl Minced marjoram (or 1 tsp dry)
2 tbl Chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp Lawry salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tbl Ice water
Bacon fat

Mix all ingredients together. Form into three patties, and refrigerate for an hour or so. Fry over medium heat in bacon fat for eight minutes on one side and seven minutes on the other.

- wondersofwine - 01-18-2002

Had a 2-oz. tasting of the 2000 Morgon at a Charlotte restaurant and found it pleasant but prefered the 1999 Fleurie and the 1998 Moulin-a-Vent. I purchased some more Fleurie to see if that cru is particularly appealing to me.

- yclim - 01-18-2002

Just had Louis Jardot's '99 Beaujolais-villages. What can I say about the wine? Sour, quite sour.

- Innkeeper - 01-18-2002

That's not surprising, some three year old Villages will start to fade. Particularly, when it originally had to take a trip through the tropics to get there. Then it was stored in a warehouse there for a year or so until your retailer brought it to his store. Doubt if there was much temperature control involved with all the above. Sorry it went bad on you.

- mrdutton - 01-18-2002

I hate to see any wine go bad. IK, I was gonna make a similar reply..... you beat me to the punch!

I recently purchased a 1996 Chenas and a 1997 Fluerie both of which I returned to the wine shop for credit. I got a couple of 1996 Jean Descombes Morgons as replacements.

The Morgons are still drinking well but are probably at or near thier peak.

The other two were fruitless, brown and had peaked a long time ago. Not even worth being used a part of a salad dressing, yuck.