WineBoard
Georges DuBoeuf Fleurie - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Beaujolais/Gamays/Valdiguie (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Georges DuBoeuf Fleurie (/thread-13980.html)

- Innkeeper - 09-16-2003

2002 Georges DuBoeuf, Flower Label, Fleurie, Red Beaujolais Wine ($10.64 Pops - by the box). After the generally poor reviews of the '02 Beaujolais Nouveau, we were concerned that this may translate into the whole '02 Beaujolais crop. Pops advertised this one hot on the heels of the WS rating of 90 in early August. We asked them to hold shipment till ambient temperatures cooled down, they did, and the wine arrived last week.

It's a winner, with the capacity to continue improving over the next year or so. Georgeous garnet red color in the glass. Strawberries and pepper on the nose and upfront. Nice body (13% alcohol), more fruit and pleasant acidity across the palate, and a lovely finish.

You guessed it, it is a wonderful hamburger wine. We matched it with spicy sauteed burgers, red and yellow tomatoes vinaigrette, and roast baby red potatoes. What better way to spend a Monday night.

- winedope1 - 09-17-2003

thanks for the heads up, IK. will be looking for this one.

- wondersofwine - 09-19-2003

I plan to taste a 2001 Fleurie in the next week or two (different producer) to see if I will take a bottle to Florida with me for an early October trip. Also plan to take a 2000 Henry's Drive cabernet sauvignon from Australia and possibly a German riesling or a sauvignon blanc.

- Innkeeper - 09-21-2003

I don't have any handy references on the individual characteristics of the various Beaujolais Crus. But tonight I got a strange reaction from Bev after handing her a glass of the Fleurie with a burger and tomatoes vinaigrette. She said, "What kind of wine is this; I get a floral reaction on the nose and upfront." I'm not making this up. Does Fleurie have a floral characteristic. Couldn't tell myself with a slight cold.

- hotwine - 09-21-2003

Yes it does, IK, whence its name. She's right on.

- Innkeeper - 01-30-2004

Still working on this box of Fleurie. Had one tonight with burgers of course. When it is gone, and it will be soon, will look for more.

- Innkeeper - 03-12-2004

Got some more. Pop's are still has a supply at the same price. I guess Beaujolias, even that rated high by WS, doesn't have a huge following. Enjoyed one last night with burgers consumed in front of a roaring fire while listened to a Jane Monheit CD. It doesn't get any better.

- Innkeeper - 06-23-2004

Either this baby is beginning to fade or we got a bad bottle last night. It may have been slightly corked. She with the better palate didn't seem to mind it as much as moi. Sigh! There is only one left at this point.

- Innkeeper - 09-01-2004

The previous one must have been a bad ringer. We had the last one tonight and it was memorable. Still holding strong; we may buy more. Enjoyed it with burgers grill over charcoal with peach chip smoke. Those chips may have been a mistake. Thought I was reaching for the hickory ones. The peach went fine with smoked chicken the other night, but think hickory is better with burgers. We overcame it by lathering them with aioli. Despite all that, the Fleuie was still great.