WineBoard
Terre Rouge Vin Gris D'Amador - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Rose/Blush/All Pink Wines (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-32.html)
+--- Thread: Terre Rouge Vin Gris D'Amador (/thread-13885.html)

- Innkeeper - 12-05-2003

2001 Terre Rouge, Vin Gris D'Amador, Sierra Foothills ($12 Easton/Terre Rouge). The '01 is 40% mourvedre, 33% syrah, and 27% grenache. Previously it did not contain any syrah. The wine is still lovely in every respect. Dry as a the proverbial bone it gives you a rush of ripe strawberries on the nose and upfront. Then you get full bodied (13.5% alcohol) spicy complexity across the palate, and a lingering finish. Extremely nice at a very respectable price. Matched it with baked salmon pieces and salad vinaigrette. The wine went very well with all. Try it.

- KateMaine - 07-13-2004

Hi IK,

This sounds nice. Is it available here?

Kate

Was jealous of you all today...you got all the sun...I got all the clouds and mist. I'm so tired of spring..when is summer going to arrive?

- Innkeeper - 07-13-2004

Have not seen it on sale here. Did get a case from the winery for this summer. Have not opened one yet, but the melange has changed again as it does just about every year. The '02 is 66% Grenache, 26% Mourvedre, and 8% Syrah. Guess that is how it kept the price at $12! Will post a TN after popping one.

In the meantime you might look for 2002 Chateau de LaGuimoniere, Rose’ d’Anjou ($11). It, or possibly the '03 now, is distributed here in Maine.

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 07-14-2004).]

- Innkeeper - 07-16-2004

Popped the first '02 tonight. It still has plenty of pizzaz, including 13.5% alcohol. Absolutely loaded with fresh fruit, including strawberries, cherries, and berry berries on the nose and tongue tip. A hint of spice in the fully and acidic body crosses the palate. All followed by a very refreshing finish.

It barely measured up to the salmon fillet grilled in mesquite smoke, but far from a complete loss. For sure it will make a fantastic summer quaffer. Also look forward to taking it on picnics with tepid fried chicken. Will also try it with other chicken and fish dishes, particularly those in cream sauce that whites have a problem holding up to. No regrets in getting it.

- Innkeeper - 08-03-2004

Carried two bottles with us this past weekend. Quaffed the first one on friends' lakefront porch, and popped the second one with grilled marinated chicken breasts and fixins' later in the evening. Very much enjoyed on both occasions.

- Innkeeper - 09-04-2004

Grilled a large slice of salmon fillet on charcoal with peach chips last night, and popped another of these along with nuked summer squash with OO and onions, and Silver Queen corn-on-the-cob. Ummmmmm.

Would have prefered a Pinot with it, but we are out of same. Thankfully it is cool enough for wine shipping again!

- Innkeeper - 09-20-2004

Tonight we had it with Italian sausage Tortellini in Brodo (made with stock of smoked chicken carcasses fortified with Penseys’ Italian Seasoning and granulated garlic), and a baguette made up with OO and more granulated garlic. It all matched wonderfully. Bev had much more than her normal glass and a half. Yum!

- Innkeeper - 10-04-2004

Our summer wine has morphed into a nice enough bottle of juice, that it held up to and matched sweetly with sauteed ham slices in rich cream sauce.

- Innkeeper - 10-11-2004

Yet another Friday night with salmon fillet grilled over charcoal and peach chip smoke. Just perfect!!

- Innkeeper - 12-31-2004

Well, my lady has been on the mend from a stomach virus. So last night we had the ham slices in cream sauce. She had juice, and I had a half bottle of Vin Gris. Tonight we had baked salmon pieces with onion & lemon in parchment paper, and when plated, napped in homemade Hollandaise Sauce. She had juice, and I had the other half bottle. Happy New Year.

- Innkeeper - 04-04-2005

We received an '03 with Fall Sampler shipment. The blend for this one is: Mourvedre 54%, Grenache 42%, Syrah 4%, Alcohol 13.5%. Current price is $13, up a dollar. As you might guess, it is still very much like a Southern French Rose' and at a comparable price, which is almost remarkable considering we have no wine grape subsidies in the U.S.

Gives a rush of strawberry and red raspberry aromas on the nose, which translates into tastes on the tongue tip. Crisp acidity and nice body across the palate, with a pleasant finish.

Matched it with the afore mentioned ham slices in rich cream sauce, and it held up to it splendidly.

- Innkeeper - 10-25-2007

We had the '06 last night that came in this fall's Sampler. It is the first in a few years. It is now $15; 51% Mourvedre, 43% Grenache, & 6% Syrah; 13.5% alcohol; 3.30 pH; and 6.9 gm acid per liter (i.e. crisp).

Gives you gobs of strawberries on the nose and upfront. More fruit, some perceivable spicyness and the afore mentioned crispness entertain the palate; and the finish lingers nicely.

Matched it with grillpanned ham steak lathered with a butter, honey, horseradish, Worchestershire lather; roasted baby Yukons, and sliced Brandywine tomatoes.

Great Wednesday night dinner. Today I'm on a liquid diet, and tomorrow I see the super duper pooper snooper.

- Kcwhippet - 10-25-2007

Ooh, did that two weeks ago, IK. The day leading up to the event sure isn't fun. I don't remember a thing about the procedure because of the sedative, thanfully.