WineBoard
Valentine Plans - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Valentine Plans (/thread-13516.html)

- tandkvd - 02-14-2004

Well I had posted thos earlier, but it disapeared.

Well, I thought I had the Valentine Supprise in the bag this year. I had a Barber Shop Quartet going to wy wifes school to sing to her and give her a rose. Then yesterday she informes me that she would be leaving work at 10:30 to go to UNC Charlotte to take a class for work. So she missed the supprise and I'll probaly have to pay for a gift and not get credit for it.

Well I have another shot tonight. I'm taking her to Bonterras Restaurant and Wine Room. This is the restaurant that WOW talked about earlier.

- winoweenie - 02-14-2004

What a BUMMER!!!! "The best laid plans".WW

- tandkvd - 02-15-2004

Well Valintines Dinner was great! Definatly the best (and most expensive) dinning experience we have ever had.

We got to Bonterras a little early so we sat at the bar and had a glass of Nino Franco Prosecco. This was not as good as the Zardetto, but was a good way to start the experience. We both had there signature dish, Fried Lobster Tail. I was wanting a red wine and the waiter who was very knowledgeable about the wine, recommended 3 different Pinot Noirs. I chose the Merry Edwards Pinot Noir. This was not the best food/wine match but it worked ok. But the Merry Edwards was a verry good Pinot. And the Lobster melted in your mouth. My wife had Duval Rose it was a very good match.

- Innkeeper - 02-15-2004

Sounds like a lovely time. We had a somewhat quiter time. Our single daughter brought up (for a week) our three year old grandson from another daughter who's February break was out of sync with the rest of his family. So we had grillpanned boneless pork chops, spinach, 2001 Domaine Des Roches Neuves, Germain, Saumur Champigny; and chocolare eclairs for dessert. Wonderful!

- winoweenie - 02-15-2004

Gald all worked out Tanker. Looks like the same karma that foiled your beautiful start let the good times roll at the restaurant.WW

- micpic8 - 02-15-2004

I had to work at the restaurant last night. But all was not lost. Enjoyed fresh lg strawberries and Veuve Clicquot - yelow label. MMM!! very nice!!

- hotwine - 02-15-2004

We had BV Napa Valley Cab with oak-grilled NY strips, finished with Renard-Barnier NV Brut and Belgian chocolate. Pure decadence. Almost overslept for church. Steaks were about 16 oz. each and 2" thick and came three per package, graded USDA choice. By far the best store-bought steaks we've ever had. Steaks and wines were all from Costco.

- marleyspud - 02-15-2004

I prepared a duck confit cassoulet for Valentines dinner. We had it with a bottle of Rosemonts mudgee Hill of gold Shiraz. Wow! It was very good. So much vanilla and pina colada scents! Tasted just as good. For dessert we had molten chocolate cake with raspberries and a Bonny Doon Framboise. I found the Fram. a little too sweet, but very good. It was great to hear what everyone else did/drank/ate for the holiday. MS

- wondersofwine - 02-17-2004

Tank,
Glad you liked Bonterra's and the Merry Edwards Pinot Noir. I guess if I go there again I will have to try the fried lobster tail (had it once at Pinehurst and liked it). Are you participating in the Charlotte Wine Festival? I have reservations for a dinner at Upstream with wines from Miner Vineyards, CA, the general tasting of all producers, and a tasting of Pinot Noirs and Burgundies led by a Saintsbury representative.
My server at Bonterra was also knowledgeable about wines and Merry Edwards--may be the same one you had.

[This message has been edited by wondersofwine (edited 02-17-2004).]

- winoweenie - 02-17-2004

Hi Marley. Sounds like a dee-lightful evening. Will call you the end of this week. WW

- tandkvd - 02-17-2004

Marley, I recieved a bottle of the Rosemont Mudgee Hill of Gold Shiraz for my birthday this weekend. I can't wait to try it after those TN's.

WOW, I kept meaning to look into the Charlotte wine festival, but it slipped my mind. I'll check to see whats going on then, but I read in the paper that a lot of the reservations are full, and Andrea Immer has backed out of comming.

- tandkvd - 03-21-2004

Well, it's back to the diet today.

We had pork tenderloin. 1/2 marinated in a ginger teraki sauce, and 1/2 marinated in a mixture of EVOO, red wine viniger, Emerals Essence, crushed red pepper flakes, lemon juice & several cloves of garlic.

I opened the Rosemont Mudgee Hills of Gold Shiraz. A very good wine definatly detected the vanilla. Mmm Mmm Good!

[This message has been edited by tandkvd (edited 03-21-2004).]