WineBoard
YES!!!!!!!!!!! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: YES!!!!!!!!!!! (/thread-13506.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Bucko - 12-12-2000

Do I have to say it?

Party Time!!!!!

Bucko

- Botafogo - 12-12-2000

You're kidding, right? Or maybe you've had too much to drink.....

Not that I am a Gore supporter but what EXACTLY is there to party over on the judicial appointment of "W"??? Seems depressing to me on too many levels to count.....

Roberto

- Bucko - 12-12-2000

Roberto, I luv ya buddy, in spite of yourself..... ;-)

Bucko

- hotwine - 12-13-2000

You betcherboots, Buck! Party Time it is! The rule of law has prevailed, and we've got ourselves a new Prez. Rally 'round the flag, boys and girls!

- Innkeeper - 12-13-2000

Sitting here watching Alan Dershowitz attacking the Supreme Court on Good Morning America. It never ends. The distinguished justices will suffer the same fate as Katherine Harris, Ken Starr, Linda Tripp, et al!

[This message has been edited by Innkeeper (edited 12-13-2000).]

- winoweenie - 12-13-2000

Just clearing the air is reason to celebrate. Watch what the markets do in the next 2 weeks.I`ll be able to buy a bottle or two with-out invading or eroding capital. Sheesh! Roberto. Would that Gore had won so we`d be on the turn-table getting what-ever spin was needed daily to pacify our intrests. At least Dub, when he`s able to put two sentences together, doesn`t recant within the hour as he crosses a state line. winoweenie ( You`ll also get to keep a little more of your hard-earned with the Dubs in there.)

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 12-13-2000).]

- Thomas - 12-13-2000

I am at a loss to understand. Please explain how the court can vote 7 to 2 that Florida's election process is deeply troubling, then turn around 5 to 4 and validate its questionable outcome?

I couldn't care less about Gush or Bore--equally useless leaders, but I am deeply troubled by the Supreme Court's political ruling.

- Bucko - 12-13-2000

I truly and honestly believe that the Supreme Court did not want to deal with this case, thinking it to be a legislative matter. However, it was dumped on their laps, and the court divisions show just how difficult it was for them. It is easy for us to armchair quaterback (guilty myself) but this must have been a terrible load on them of historic and constitutional importance. I have to trust their wisdom and proclamations.

Bucko

- hotwine - 12-13-2000

It was obviously an extremely painful decision for all of the justices. They tried their best to stay out of the dispute, knowing full well that any decision they made would be interpreted as tainted by politics; but they ultimately found themselves with no alternative but to send it back to the state supremes in a way that left no further wiggle-room for Mr. Gore's attorneys and advisors. Hats off to the members of the court for doing their duty under the most trying of circumstances. We can ask nothing more of our public servants than what these nine have given us.

- Botafogo - 12-13-2000

It ain't over till the fat lady sings and in this case that just might be Tipper screamming "You F-ing Bastard, my husband dedicated his whole life to becoming president and your preppy ass just thought it might be a 'neat-o' thing to do!" while she kills Bush with her bare hands. Long Live President Cheney (who seems to be in charge anyway.......)

Roberto

- ddf68 - 12-13-2000

Next time around Jeb needs to go up to Illinois and learn to fix an election properly. If he'd done his job right, we wouldn't have had to put up with this mess.

ddf

- Drew - 12-13-2000

It's over!

Drew

- mrdutton - 12-13-2000

I am sorely disappointed with our media.

Either that or I am just overly naive.

Frankly, I just can not imagine any of the Justices of the Supreme Court using any of the thought processes they've been accused of using.

Why would someone in such an important position resort to a thought process like, "I'm a Republican Conservative, so I have to make sure that G. W. wins, regardless of the law and our Constitution."

I honestly do not think any of these people are fools.

I resent the implication that the decision was based solely on political reasoning. I don't honestly believe that the Supreme Court Justices are that foolish.........

[This message has been edited by mrdutton (edited 12-13-2000).]

- RAD - 12-13-2000

WW, I wouldn't expect too much out of the markets in the next two weeks. The election outcome is already priced in. The only positive catalyst on the horizon right now is the Fed lightening up on rates, and there's a lot more wood to chop on the downside--you'll continue to see negative preannouncements in tech land. Institutions and hedge funds are selling into any micro rallies, as they know that there's more negative news to come. We'll retest the lows on the Nasdaq before we have another sustained leg up.

RAD

- Bucko - 12-13-2000

MrD, I agree, but it does trouble me just a bit that two of the Republican appointees have expressed a desire to retire soon, which now leaves a Republican President to replace them. Serendipitous??

Bucko

- winoweenie - 12-13-2000

Rad, Fully understand. I`ve been out of techs since July and was just trying to placate my combustible friend with some soothing moo~sic. I do think ther`ll be some positive aspects on the Dow, but agree the NASDAC needs some help from misser Greenspan. (Also a little bottom line black-ink wouldn`t hurt) WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 12-13-2000).]

- hotwine - 12-13-2000

<whew!> With Mr. Gore's concession speech, it's finally official. Let's all take a deep breath, and serve up a round of cheer.

- Innkeeper - 12-13-2000

After having had a nice Rhone with ma ham steak tonight, am now sipping on a Scotch and water. What a wonderful country, and what a wonderful world.

- Drew - 12-13-2000

Don't hold back IK, what kind of scotch you sippn' on?

Drew

- winoweenie - 12-14-2000

ONLY IN AMERICA! My scotch of Cherce is Highland Park 12 year-old and after last nite am breaking out the 25-yar-old. ( Band music, firecrackers and rockets,dancing girls, and as MrD says...GRIN)

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 12-14-2000).]